Shooting at Sea?

Billy.

I read about this a while ago apparently it doesnt happen any more as international laws on import/export of firearms are so difficult Clays off the stern of ships has a long tradition glass ball shooting was common from the Royal Yacht.

Missus wants to go on a cruise, I would be much more likely to go if i could spend my time shooting.

On board the ship the laws of its flag state apply, thus if it's British registered then British (English) law applies.

However, the fun starts when you enter a foreign state, all the guns and ammunition will have to be declared and secured in accordance with that state's legislation. Probably best to secure it all in bond and have the local state secure it (lock/seal) until the vessel sails.

Regarding the practicalities of passengers shooting clays, I imagine the same legislation as applies to "have a go" shoots at country fairs and straw bailers would be relevant.

Cartridges in excess of 1,000 are considered "Dangerous Goods" and have to be declared as such.

When I was a member of Cinque Port Vermin & GC (now sadly ceased) we used to have clay shooting competitions from the back of ferries off Dover circa 1984ish. We used to have 3 traps all throwing quartering or going away pairs, I came 2nd in one shooting 17x30 :) , it was not easy shooting.

One man used to take charge of the guns/mini bus whilst on board.

Edited by Hamster

I've shot of the back of a cruise linner about 15 years ago and wiped the floor of the yanks:) down the line I shot 25 out of 30 and every night I sat for tea in dinning room I had an American shake my hand and that's why I got my sgc .

14 years old and lied about my age to shoot.:)

I know somebody who used to take out a local land owner and the land owners friends on his boat. They would go down the coast and shoot feral pigeons as the bolted out of the caves. The land owner actually owned all the caves, but I always did wonder about the lagality of shooting them from the sea.

I know somebody who used to take out a local land owner and the land owners friends on his boat. They would go down the coast and shoot feral pigeons as the bolted out of the caves. The land owner actually owned all the caves, but I always did wonder about the lagality of shooting them from the sea.

Sure they weren't rock doves which are protected? :oops:

FM