Favourite gun scene, from any film?

COLINSRI

My Name is nobody :good:

Where he gets a guy to draw on him and before the guy can grab his gun THIS guy has took his gun and slaps him in the face and returns the gun to his holster.

Then he asks him to try again and he gets another slap B)

That film is ACE

LG

Wow, another Terence Hill fan. I grew up on Terence Hill and Bud Spencer films.

Anyways, on topic - Predator 2, hand held rotary machine gun. C'mon you know you love it

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh - good call on the Saving Private Ryan beach assault - brings a tear to me eye every time :good:

And the final part with the sniper (Pvt. Jackson?) is in the bell tower taking wonderful running shots at the german infantry.

Then gets totalled by a mechanzed field gun :good:

Wow, another Terence Hill fan. I grew up on Terence Hill and Bud Spencer films.

Anyways, on topic - Predator 2, hand held rotary machine gun. C'mon you know you love it

the "gatling" gun scene was from Predator (the original) - if I think you mean the bit where Jesse Ventura's ("Blain's") gun is used to do some deforestation by Bill Duke ("Mac")

Great scene B)

Edited by Andy75

The list of good gun scenes is virtually endless, to me.

"Apocalyse Now " for the helicopter scene. :blush:

"Assault on Precinct 13" (original ! ) for the siege scene.

"Full Metal Jacket" for lots of scenes.

"The Wild Bunch " for the finale. :good:

"The Dirty Dozen " for the rope climbing scene.

I agree with a lot of the other suggestions, as well, but the best has to be the Watch Chime Duel at the end of For a Few Dollars more. :ermm:

:lol:

Beatingthebest says :

The five bullets scene in 'Enemy at The Gates'. Amazing! highly reccomend it.

Agreed - Very Good

Henry_D said (edited) :

Third and final would be good old Clint paying back his roles as a desperado in his early film career,by being a more believable hired gun in Unforgiven.The remorse of wounding not killing

But what about Cllint in the film "Joe Kidd" - with some very interesting rifles and long range shots ?

Kenzie said :

"Sniper" with Tom beringer.

Great shots of the bullets course on there way to some very long hits.

Also

The opening scene from "Leon" masterpeice

Personally, I like Kenzie's choices myself.

BUT - This is all good, slick stage-managed, special-effect, Hollywood Action stuff.

And reality is always better than fiction.

Anyone remember a Channel 4 series called "Equinox" ? A science-type documentary programme back in the 1980s. They used special high-speed cameras and very hi-tech equipment. They showed exceptional footage of vaious extreme events, such as -

- a large cylinder of compressed Hydrogen gas being shot, (from abt a 750 yd range), with an armour-piercing incidiary bullet. I leave the results to your imaginations. That programme was about the comparative safety of petrol and hydrogen as fuel. Hydrogen is safer !! :lol:

- an Ulta-Violet "Pulsed" Laser, of several megawatts power, blowing holes through bricks, steel doors and just about anything else - instantaneously !! :good:

- filling a room with propane gas - with exactly the right mix of air - and remotley igniting with a light-bulb.

Forget Semtex, (and apart from nuclear weapons), propane gas is - weight-for-weight - the most powerful explosive on earth. :lol:

Firing a meteorolgy rocket with very fine steel cable attached into thunderclouds. :blush:

The result was one of the most AWESOME things I have ever seen on TV.

The Lightning came down like a phaser blast from Star Trek. They cameramen were visibly shaking. :ermm:

And much more amazing stuff too. :lol:

I would LOVE to find out if this series is still available on tape/DVD anywhere.

If anyone can help - please let me know.

the Lizard

I quite enjoyed Platoon and another goodun was Mel Gibson in We Were Soldiers, infact there are just too many to list. But for me I will never forget the first time I watched Saving Private Ryan. It was the first depiction of reality and the opening sequence seemed to last forever. :blush:

FULL METAL JACKET: The Girl gook sniper in the building at the end of the film.

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN: The german sniper versus yank sniper. ( German gets it in the eye)

ENEMY AT THE GATES: The beginning scene, where he is about to shoot the wolf, quote:' I AM A STONE'.

Edited by Frank

john wayne as rooster coburn riding his horse shooting the bad guys with his winchester great scene but we all know you cant cock a winchester swinging it under your arm as its to long but still a great scene!!

fantastic , FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SONOFABITCH

far to many to mention

but all time favorite= lethal weapon, when they're at the gun range and the black guy shoots a perfectly centered headshot then mel gibson puts the target 5 times further away and proceeds to draw a smiley face lol :blush::good:

Ozo

Pulp fiction, 2 bits actually:

1. "SAY WHAT ONE MORE TIME! I DARE YOU..........IS MARSELLES A BITCH?" "WHAT" BANG!

2. Guy comes out shooting oft a fat revolver at john travolta and samuel l jackson and misses with every bullet from about 10ft away.... they prompltly empty out into his chest. :P

A fist full of travellers cheques with rik mayall and ade edmondson

They both unload their cap guns for about five minutes then rik tries to be really cool and spits over his shoulder.It goes all over his coat. :P:P:D:P

Arnies pretty cool in T2 when he's on the bike swinging the shotgun round in one hand to cock it .

Cheers :lol:

Aubs