LOCKED THREADS

Dougy

I have noticed quite recently a number of threads being locked due to what seems to be the same people falling out,name calling,slagging off, the list goes on.

What i often wonder is, say these people met over a beer or whatever, how long would it take for one of the said supposedly people to offer the other one outside on the car park for a, " lets see if your good enough " .

One thing i would like to say is " If you dont like it then thats fine, if you dont agree,thats fine too but keep the childish argumentative comments in the play ground where they belong perhaps with yourselves, without your FAC !!!

Dougy - not sure where this is going. It's a quantum leap from disagreeing with someone on a Forum to going for a beer with them and

offer the other one outside on the car park for a, " lets see if your good enough".

The above seem to be a classic example of settling disputes in a childish, playground manner. It may be the way your mind works, but not mine - thankfully.

I have noticed quite recently a number of threads being locked due to what seems to be the same people falling out,name calling,slagging off, the list goes on.

What i often wonder is, say these people met over a beer or whatever, how long would it take for one of the said supposedly people to offer the other one outside on the car park for a, " lets see if your good enough " .

One thing i would like to say is " If you dont like it then thats fine, if you dont agree,thats fine too but keep the childish argumentative comments in the play ground where they belong perhaps with yourselves, without your FAC !!!

i have to agree we all have are thoughts and say but y does it all ways end up being a slagging match, we all do the shooting bit some are good some are **** (me )but we all enjoy, lifes to short come on lads and gals lets play together

twitchynik - you are right - Charlie Brooker is on the money.

His description of the oddballs who trawl the internet looking for people to argue with might have been written for one of the true idiots who used to haunt a number of Forums. One slice short of a full loaf.

A disagreement is fine - differences of opinion are what make us what we are - individuals - but as imissalot said - we are all shooters.

Despite the odd slanging match, you can learn a heck of a lot on here and other sites. There is a wealth of knowledge with shooters who are willing to share it. I have met quite a few people from this forum and have to say all were brilliant.

I'm pretty sure I've argued with someone on here who I met. The difference is that on here, your words are read by many and it's difficult to retract or alter them in any other way, than you would in a conversation. So all in all, you've got literally hundreds of people pouring over your words and one person is going to disagree.

It's highly unlikely that you're going to hold a grudge to the point that you're going to step in the bar, Bridget Jones style and order the person outside for a fight in the fountain.

there's no suggestion that anyone is saying "outside" if someone says someone else is a **** then big deal, it doesn't have to end in a fight, it's a disagreement and what forums are for, the name calling is a natural part of heated debate....

To my knowledge nobody has hopped in thier car and driven somewhere to lamp someone! (although I bet it has come close :lol:)

There are lots of different groups - browning v beretta, long range v stalking and field craft, north v south, bolt action v semi auto, hmr v WMR.... This is what makes this place interesting - the diversity....

Regards,

Gixer (beretta, stalking and field craft and finally bolt action :lol: all the rest are *****!)

Regards,

Charlie Brooker summed it up well :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2006/jun/02/comment.charliebrooker?mobile-redirect=false

(Edit: Betterer link)

It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering........ :lol::good: