The latest greatest new Decoy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wings also appear to spin "inside out" on part of the revolution, but I don't think that ornithological accuracy is that important.

I have always believed that anything that brings movement to a decoy layout is good and will attract pigeons.

Whether its worth paying over £100 for a Pecking, or Wing Spinning decoy, as against a Floater/spring stick shell decoy, is the real question.

Personally, I don't think it is, but others will have a different view and buy these items.

That is their perogative.

I have friends who shoot very respectable amounts of pigeons, without using any electrically driven decoys at all.

Well fella's i shall reserve my judgement untill such a time my mate buy's one,

( and i borrow it :unsure: )

I have even told him how good they are.

Yes i am a true friend but alas a Yorkshireman first.

Regards Sutty :lol::lol::lol:

I bought one of Deakos flappers at its first launch via PW, and have been very pleased with the results.

Regardless of the position of a pigeons feet about to land; I have never, not even once saw a pigeon rotate its wings 360 degrees .

Im reasonably sure that I saw a similar product at the Midlands show a couple of years ago, and was less than impressed then. If I was going to put my hand deep into my pocket it would be to buy another flapper. I feel that the price is too high. I wonder if they shoot pigeons in China? There is no point in my waiting for my mate to buy one, because he will be waiting for me. My pockets shall remain welded up.

webber

I must say that for of all the decoy sessions I have done, there has never been any substitute for real birds on floaters and in the pattern. I have a magnet and it obviously has its day but for consistent results its back to basics for me! Certainly not when you have to fork out in excess of 50 beer tokens for the new gadget. Might have a go at making one though?!?

IAS

Looks like a alright decoy, but it's most definitive NOT worth 130£. :unsure:

Maybe no half that price again.

But thats just my opinion.

My guess is that it is like you guys say.. Just to "Milk" some cash out of a person.

Plenty of knocking going on.

Remember I made the very first Pigeon Magnets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are far better than any floater, magnet !!!!!!

I dont think its so much "knocking" more a little sceptisicm? I know myself personally even though I owned a magnet, that I was not totally convinced by them, (until?) then I bought another,

However there are so many "gadgets" ie flappers, ultimate peckers,pecking percy's, flapping magnets etc etc,that its now akin to the latest electronics in that they are out of date before you get them home! and admit it £130 is a bit to shell out on a trial and error basis,

ps have pm.d you and e mailed but have had no reply?

cheers KW

Plenty of knocking going on.

Remember I made the very first Pigeon Magnets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are far better than any floater, magnet !!!!!!

I dont think its so much "knocking" more a little sceptisicm? I know myself personally even though I owned a magnet, that I was not totally convinced by them, (until?) then I bought another,

However there are so many "gadgets" ie flappers, ultimate peckers,pecking percy's, flapping magnets etc etc,that its now akin to the latest electronics in that they are out of date before you get them home! and admit it £130 is a bit to shell out on a trial and error basis,

ps have pm.d you and e mailed but have had no reply?

cheers KW

KW, I do not think that the professional hunters/guides in the usa who rely upon satisfied customers to pay their wages would use the spinning winged decoy ducks if they were no good!

I was given a magnet, which stays in the garage most of the time unless I can drive to where I am going to shoot. I think I would rather carry one of the new ones being touted here. Long live the innovaters :lol:

Down with the luddites :unsure:

Ft

Pete buy it and bring it up here next week I have thousands of pigeons on Beans just now !!!!!!!!

OK if pete cant I will? I WILL! buy one today if I can try it out and see how it works I will post results, as they are those that know me know I say it as it is.

hunterswind you still have not replied to my e mail or PM?

cheers KW

Pete buy it and bring it up here next week I have thousands of pigeons on Beans just now !!!!!!!!

Would maybe be better to try it a place with less pigeons.

That's like "fishing in a fish tank".

Dont prove anything :P

Of corse he will get pleased if it's thousands of pigeons there.. I mean how can you not shoot a decent bag there? :P