PigeonWatch badge

Cranfield

PigeonWatch badge  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay approx £5 delivered for a PW badge ?

• Yes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another 7 yes's and it's cost effective for the first batch to be produced :unsure:

LG

Bear in mind LordGeordie that my vote doesnt qualify yet until I have posted another hundred or so one word replies...

I was thinking what i said about the 300 post way mark thing... I think a better idea would be to leave it up to the mods whether you are a qualified member...

This sounds more sensible,Can I stop ab libing now :unsure:

no bobody knows how experenced you are at shooting till you see them shoot,

its not the amount of post you can post We could post 300 in one night, not a bad thing thats what forums are for,its about time you have spent with the forum getting to know the people,meets and so fourth,

I enjoy the forum becouse the people on it have the same interest.some are humerous chears LG some are are enthusistc Cheers colin but all have the same goal on a forum. Talk Talk Talk, we learn from good forums such as these especialy this one, so much knowlegde.Sorry to go on but feel we all have somthing to add.

Cheers

Dave

hmmm if its going to cost a fiver, why on earth should you be subjectively chosen to receive one and then have to pay for it?

i thought the whole idea was to produce a members badge? therefore if you are a member, should you not therefore have the right to decide whether you wish to purchase one? regardless of the number of posts you've made?

some people post infrequently yet their advice and support, is welcomed and sound. you are not a more 'worthy' member just because of the number of posts you make surely. or am i from another planet?

It wouldn't be objective if any person(s) chose who could and who couldn't have a badge.

We are not talking about a proficiency award scheme. :unsure:

The person will have to be a registered member and be able to afford the cost.

If its good enough for the BASC, it should be good enough for us. :lol:

i would be up for one... however i have one slight issue with the idea of asking how many people are intrested in one. From my experiance alot of members show intrest but when it comes to actually commiting to something and paying up alot tend to loose intrest. For example the monday madness i organised i had enough intrest from members for 2 teams, in reality we struggled to get 1 team (6people) together.

So just make sure that there are enough people that if say 1/3 dropped out you wouldnt loose money.

We could also sell them at the bisley meeting. :unsure:

i would be up for one... however i have one slight issue with the idea of asking how many people are intrested in one. From my experiance alot of members show intrest but when it comes to actually commiting to something and paying up alot tend to loose intrest. For example the monday madness i organised i had enough intrest from members for 2 teams, in reality we struggled to get 1 team (6people) together.

So just make sure that there are enough people that if say 1/3 dropped out you wouldnt loose money.

We could also sell them at the bisley meeting. :unsure:

Well said that young man. A lot are too hastey to press the vote button. Do I want one ? No thankyou. Not for me. Wearing pretty little badges doesn't float my boat :lol::lol:

Jonno

The WHOLE reason i was thinking about this badge was when we all go to somewhere were we don't know who is who

A quick look at the PW Badge will let us know they are members and the people you are going to meet :unsure:

Seemingly from what happened at Thimbleby it would sound like a VERY good idea.

I am not expecting people to start a new Badge collecting craze overnight :lol:

Just a simple badge to say (I am a member of pigeon watch)

OR (helloooooo is it me your looking for!!!) :lol:

Judging by the initial numbers this is a goer

SOOOOO

What i need to know now is ARE the mods gonna do this or am I gonna do this?:lol:?

LG

hmmm if its going to cost a fiver, why on earth should you be subjectively chosen to receive one and then have to pay for it?

i thought the whole idea was to produce a members badge? therefore if you are a member, should you not therefore have the right to decide whether you wish to purchase one? regardless of the number of posts you've made?

some people post infrequently yet their advice and support, is welcomed and sound. you are not a more 'worthy' member just because of the number of posts you make surely. or am i from another planet?[/font][/size][/color]

You don't need to have posted to be a 'member' just registering is enough, some people like to post, others don't.

I think the whole '300 posts' comment has been taken out of context and should be ignored.

If you are a member and want a badge and can find £5, then get one - simple as that.

As Nick says, the number will drop considerably when the hat comes round, anyone can click a vote button.

[

Well said that young man. A lot are too hastey to press the vote button. Do I want one ? No thankyou. Not for me. Wearing pretty little badges doesn't float my boat :no::no:

Jonno

It don't float my boat either jonno ,I was thinking along the lines of a PW badge can be worn when you go to these game fares ..............That way you can spot another member ,introduce yourself ,have a quick chat and then on walking away think ..........bleeding heck what a right norbert ! :no: ......I'm not replying to his posts again :lol:

Darebare .............coming up with witty and clever responses like that show you have tooooooooo much time on yer hands girl ..........I hope your on top of your housework ! :no:;):)

Right me thinks time for a sharp exit :unsure: :lol:

:lol:

[

Well said that young man. A lot are too hastey to press the vote button. Do I want one ? No thankyou. Not for me. Wearing pretty little badges doesn't float my boat :no:;)

Jonno

It don't float my boat either jonno ,I was thinking along the lines of a PW badge can be worn when you go to these game fares ..............That way you can spot another member ,introduce yourself ,have a quick chat and then on walking away think ..........bleeding heck what a right norbert ! :no: ......I'm not replying to his posts again :lol:

Darebare .............coming up with witty and clever responses like that show you have tooooooooo much time on yer hands girl ..........I hope your on top of your housework ! :):):D

Right me thinks time for a sharp exit :lol::lol:

:no:

If not She can come and finish MY housework :no:

I just done the dishes washed the kitchen floor and hung the washing out before sitting down to this

Now i have to Hoover up and fold the dry clothes etc and start on the top floor as my Son has trashed his room again :unsure:

Then the bathroom needs cleaned and the bath washed out the toilet needs cleaning.

Then make a start preparing the Tea for the son on his arrival from School :)

Then a kick about of the football on the back field with him before it's time for him to go to bed and i can relax in a nice hot bath with a glass of wine and Classical FM on the wireless

Never stops but hey it keeps me busy

LG

Edited by Lord Geordie

[

Well said that young man. A lot are too hastey to press the vote button. Do I want one ? No thankyou. Not for me. Wearing pretty little badges doesn't float my boat :no:;)

Jonno

Darebare .............coming up with witty and clever responses like that show you have tooooooooo much time on yer hands girl ..........I hope your on top of your housework ! :D:D:D

Right me thinks time for a sharp exit :lol::lol:

:no:

............... ~raises the proverbial eyebrow~

the pinny and feather duster are all ready and waiting for you matey.

If not She can come and finish MY housework :no:

I just done the dishes washed the kitchen floor and hung the washing out before sitting down to this

Now i have to Hoover up and fold the dry clothes etc and start on the top floor as my Son has trashed his room again :unsure:

Then the bathroom needs cleaned and the bath washed out the toilet needs cleaning.

Then make a start preparing the Tea for the son on his arrival from School :)

Then a kick about of the football on the back field with him before it's time for him to go to bed and i can relax in a nice hot bath with a glass of wine and Classical FM on the wireless

Never stops but hey it keeps me busy

LG

i have one response for you........... pfffffffffffffffffttttttttttt

:):):D:):P:P

Count me in for a badge, the idea is a good one. It'll be great to be able to spot members at game fares etc. £5 quid aint going to break anyone's bank and an enamel badge can be worn at your leisure. :unsure:

If my design gets picked do I get mine free. :no: .....

....Oi who shouted cheap skate! :lol::lol:

Just kidding. :lol: