What's your most tenuous claim to fame?

ack-ack

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some years ago Camilla Parker Bowles lived not fare from me in a large house now owed by the drummer in Pink Floyd so they say but I have not seen him only when he comes flying in in his blue helicopter.

Back to Camilla I used to see her quite often as I took my Jack Russell walking down the lane past her house she was always very polite and gave me a wave as she past and several times she stopped for a short chat she seemed to like my dog and was looking for a male Russell to mate with one of Prince Charles Russell's but as my dog was a bitch she was no good for what they wanted.

I went to school with Paul Kossoff who was in the band Free, David Bedford the record breaking middle distance runner and footballer Tony Currie who played for England, Sheffield United and Leeds amongst others.

I wonder if they say on forums they went to school with me :hmm:

when i was a kid our next door neighbour was Dave Allen (who?? i hear you ask, me and my mate grew up spending most of our time playing with his kids.

also years ago i drove a taxi and i had to pick Roger Moore and his family up from Heathrow and drop off in Wiltshire, he was a real miserable **** all he kept talking about was the meter going up.i explained to him (about 10 times) that he had arranged a fixed rate and that the meter was on for me to see how much it would have cost him, but he couldnt understand and kept telling me that he was not happy with the meter being on and he would report me to my boss if i tried to rip him off.

when i was a kid our next door neighbour was Dave Allen (who?? i hear you ask, me and my mate grew up spending most of our time playing with his kids. -

also years ago i drove a taxi and i had to pick Roger Moore and his family up from Heathrow and drop off in Wiltshire, he was a real miserable T##t all he kept talking about was the meter going up.i explained to him (about 10 times) that he had arranged a fixed rate and that the meter was on for me to see how much it would have cost him, but he couldnt understand and kept telling me that he was not happy with the meter being on and he would report me to my boss if i tried to rip him off.

How did he loose his finger? It was a source of much debate whenever he came on in our house. Great comic. :good:

Hope you just caught Roger Moore on a bad day, whenever I've seen/heard him in interviews I've always taken a real shine to him.

How did he loose his finger? It was a source of much debate whenever he came on in our house. Great comic. :good:

Hope you just caught Roger Moore on a bad day, whenever I've seen/heard him in interviews I've always taken a real shine to him.

He told me loads of different stories but he actually lost it when he was young and working on some type of machine. he also hated hunting and shooting with a vengance.

I went to Geoff Boycotts mums house for work, he was visiting, sat in the corner scowling like a spolt child.

she was ok I got a cuppa,and ignored him, I think it p*ssed him off I didnt ask for his autograph.

I can do naff. My sister in law went out with Keith Harris, the bloke with his arm up Orville the Duck's feathery chuff :oops:

When I was a kid mum had a part time job in a launderette in Walton which is next to Frinton on sea, a lady who worked at a local sea side hotel brought in her washing and said they had Leslie Crowther staying with them as he appeard at Clacton Peir, and she had made him coffee and toast and did a hand wash for him as he would not allow use a washing machine,

So I helped my mum wash the pants of a lady that washed Leslie Crowthers pants :good:

Come on folks,I'm sure that you can do better "lames to fame" as Viz comic calls them. a fair proportion of the posts so far simply arent lame enough! too many of them are even in the first person!they should be in at least the third person if not the fourth!

My lame to fame is that my grandfather turned down the offer of the job with the BBC to commentate on boxing that the BBC then gave to Harry Carpenter.

If we're going lame,

A mate of mine was once on Antiques Roadshow. (never seen the episode but every one brings it up at BBQ's)

I once saw Chris Kamara in a pub in Ossett, and Gary Schofield broken down on the motorway.

I once wen't into a Smokehouse in Scotland who had sold some produce to the Royal Household, and had taught King Hussain of ordan how to slice Smoked Salmon!