22lr scope

Deano87

hi,

bit of a personal thing really, i've tried alsorts but have ended up with a simple 6x44 on my .22lr and find it great for all my shooting needs day or night, nothing to worry about having to twiddle or knock about lightweight and more than enough mag for the .22lr, your best off going and looking through as many as you can and see what you like mate.

atb gary

Scopes are about as personal as you get in shooting.

A .22lr isn't going to rattle anyones teeth so there is no need for a Nightforce.

And as most zero at 50-60yards then massive mag or tube is hardly essential.

Anything you like that you can see through, dial in and holds zero, £100 offers a good choice, by all means spend more if you want but you will gain little or nothing sat on top of a .22lr!

ATB! :good:

I think one of the best buys is a Simmons WTC 3.5-10x40.

Plenty for sale new on ebay for around £75.

Excellent optics and a bargain price, they used to sell for double that :good:

:hmm::hmm:

Thats because they used to be made in the Philippines to a decent quality, they are now cheap Chinese jobs, not a patch on the originals.

Check to see if Made in Philippines is printed under the saddle, if not then you take your chances!

:yes::good:

I've already done that and they are :P

Well, I guess the Chinese have learnt how to write Made in the Philippines then, either that or these are VERY old stock that someone found lying about (which I somehow doubt as they all sold well).

These have not been made in the Philippines for probably over 5 years!! :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Well, I guess the Chinese have learnt how to write Made in the Philippines then, either that or these are VERY old stock that someone found lying about (which I somehow doubt as they all sold well).

These have not been made in the Philippines for probably over 5 years!! :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

I also bought some from ramsbottoms a couple of years back, marked as Phillipines and they were also excellent, very bright for the money. Don't forget that distance selling regulations mean you can send them back if they aren't up to scratch :good:

I use Hawke scopes on all my rifles, either Nighteye or Sport HD. On my CZ455 I use a Sport HD 4-12x50 AO IR with a mil-Dot reticle. Optics are good especially at night with the lamp. Being retired I can't afford the high end of the market but then again you don't need to see exactly how many flees there are on the bunny.

You won't need anything more than a 3-9 x 40 and you won't need to spend anymore than £150 tops.

I would suggest a relatively thin reticule as you will be shooting rabbits mainly and not Red

Deer, so I wouldn't go for a fixed 6 power with thick posts. Basically you don't want to end up

with a ruddy great big scope on a nice little .22 as it will spoil its appeal and usefulness.

I have a 3-9 x 40 Bushnell scope on my .22 and I get half inch groups at 50 yds with it which

for me is spot on for head shooting bunnies.

I find its quite easy to loose your thin reticules among sedge grass tussocks and the like in low light. fixed 6 or 8 should give nobody any problems. I only realy use S+Bender , leupold and yes a couple of old Simmonds 3-10 x 50 and 1.5-5 x 20mm on a couple of air rifles

I find its quite easy to loose your thin reticules among sedge grass tussocks and the like in low light. fixed 6 or 8 should give nobody any problems. I only realy use S+Bender , leupold and yes a couple of old Simmonds 3-10 x 50 and 1.5-5 x 20mm on a couple of air rifles

That is true of the very thin fine hair reticules - they do sometimes disappear in and out of focus

I am also a fan of Bushnell scopes.The 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy is a superb scope and is in your price bracket depending where you purchase it.Some shooters might say that x9 mag is not enough for a Rimfire but it all depends on your eyesight!

It's got excellent glass and is excellent value for money-Take a closer look at this scope.I have one and I'm not getting rid of it!!!

bullet boy

I am also a fan of Bushnell scopes.The 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy is a superb scope and is in your price bracket depending where you purchase it.Some shooters might say that x9 mag is not enough for a Rimfire but it all depends on your eyesight!

It's got excellent glass and is excellent value for money-Take a closer look at this scope.I have one and I'm not getting rid of it!!!

I have one as well and mine is for sale only because i have fitted all my rifles with side parrellax scopes for the NV

Edited by hawkeye

bullet boy

I have one as well and mine is for sale only because i have fitted all my rifles with side parrellax scopes for the NV

Do you agree though-it is a superb scope and ideal for a Rimfire?

i have had bushnell, simmons, richter optics, niko sterling, schmidt and bender and leupold, and the best scope out of that lot imo is the leupold. the schmidt and bender was great but expensive. i have the vx-1 3-9x40 on my 30-06 and a vx-1 4-12x40 on my 223 and i am keeping my eye going for a fixed power leupold fx-11 6x36 for my .22 to replace the bushnell thats on it just now. as dekers said earlier, scopes are about as personal as it gets in shooting and this is just my opinion on scopes.

Hi im just about to buy my first 22lr. what scope would you recomend, it will get used during the day and for lamping.

If you are still looking this one is available, as new, just had the opportunity to upgrade for a steal! Pic shows it on my .22WMR.

JSR Target Pro 4-16x44, 1" tube and MilDot ret. £35 + delivery or you can collect if you like. All original box, flip ups, etc!

:good:

post-20848-0-92910700-1318410171.jpg