What is the weirdest animal you have seen while in the field?

955i

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of recent i have come across a rather large owl (unknown, defo not the usual suspects) and a weasel.

Could be an eagle owl. I know of a few of them lurking around the country. Only problem with them is they eat our native owl species :angry:

Rough shooting with a friend (witnessd it aswell)....

Otter...

2 years ago, paddling up 2 foot wide beck with about 3inch of water....nearest river approx 2mile and further to nearest pond/lake.

First I ever saw in the wild and laughed off the one time I heard of them in the area before then. Have heard many sightings since and seen another in a river a few miles away.

week or so ago seen a big bird of pray didnt have a clue what it was im not to bad on my birds. seen the news a few days ago and a marsh harrier had been found shot about 5 mile away so im thinking it was that, big old bird

I think you find they are called angels.... :yp:

Ive seen a "Steve Mason" only a few on here will have seen one,

They can be found in the bottom of streams when its been snowing, generally looking for bottom dwelling shotguns

:shaun:

I was fishing about 3 or 4 years ago,about armpit deep in the river when i caught a glimpse of something swimming up stream towards me,i could,nt tell what it was at first because it was too far away,so i just stood still in the water, as it was heading almost straight for me,turned out it was a beaver and it swam right in front, past me, 6 feet from me, i stared at it,not believing what i was seeing,fumbling to get my phone,camera out of my pocket,by the time i got said phone out of pocket it was long gone :/

I was fishing about 3 or 4 years ago,about armpit deep in the river when i caught a glimpse of something swimming up stream towards me,i could,nt tell what it was at first because it was too far away,so i just stood still in the water, as it was heading almost straight for me,turned out it was a beaver and it swam right in front, past me, 6 feet from me, i stared at it,not believing what i was seeing,fumbling to get my phone,camera out of my pocket,by the time i got said phone out of pocket it was long gone :/

Where was that then GRamsay? I thought these things were only released under strictly controlled conditions. :angry:

Blackpowder

I was fishing about 3 or 4 years ago,about armpit deep in the river when i caught a glimpse of something swimming up stream towards me,i could,nt tell what it was at first becauose it was too far away,so i just stood still in the water, as it was heading almost straight for me,turned out it was a beaver and it swam right in front, past me, 6 feet from me, i stared at it,not believing what i was seeing,fumbling to get my phone,camera out of my pocket,by the time i got said phone out of pocket it was long gone :/

Said phone must of got wet if you were armpit deep in water!

Where was this?

Edited by TJ91

Yes,so did i mate,it was up in pitlochry that i saw it

I know the guys involved in the re-introduction of beavers and they are working around Scotland on this so could be an escapee.

There is also a chap in your area who has a (supposedly) contained estate where wolves and beavers are kept and he has reported fence breaches in the last year or so.

I know the guys involved in the re-introduction of beavers and they are working around Scotland on this so could be an escapee.

There is also a chap in your area who has a (supposedly) contained estate where wolves and beavers are kept and he has reported fence breaches in the last year or so.

I was thinking an escapee from somwhere,i was also thinking it must have escaped from pretty close to where i saw it,although i,m not sure how far one would travel anyhow,i would,nt think one would travel all the way from the top of scotland,sutherland, down to pitlochry,not unless it hitched a ride in the back of a pick-up or something :lol:

When I drove home the other day in front of my house there was a little house mouse just sitting in the middle of the road I could not just drive over it so I stopped and got out it looked so cute just sat there preening itself so I picked it up it seemed ok but must have been had by a cat as its back legs did not seem to be working so I put it in my garden it seemed to be still ok an hour latter but it died later I should add they live in the bank at the bottom of my garden but never come in the house so I leave them alone.