Do we need a foraging forum?

Blunderbuss

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a foraging sub forum on pigeon watch?

• Yes, a great idea
    • No need for another forum, posts on the subject are fine in other forums
    • No need at all

Threads on going at the moment about mushrooms, crayfish, sloes. Should we have a foraging forum?

:hmm: But dont we find a lot of this in the recipes section

Pole Star

ps I would not like to be responsible for a posting wich some one missunderstod & got them selves a nice feed of Death Caps or Destroying Angles ! well it has happened before ! . mabe a new section should carry a PW diss claimer :hmm:

mabe a new section should carry a PW diss claimer :hmm:

PW does have a disclaimer.

Please remember that Admin do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this Forum, or any entity associated with this Forum

No point in it for me.

I dunno if I'm an odd one out but I just scroll down the new content and click on any topic title that interests me whilst skipping the ones that don't - especially the ones with vague clueless titles - which I refuse to open.

The point I'm making is that I don't just check through certain sub forum sections.

No point in it for me.

I dunno if I'm an odd one out but I just scroll down the new content and click on any topic title that interests me whilst skipping the ones that don't - especially the ones with vague clueless titles - which I refuse to open.

The point I'm making is that I don't just check through certain sub forum sections.

I think it just keeps the forum tidy. Sometimes the forum is just 'Off Topic' posts, which isn't good for a shooting/country sports site.

Maybe it could be another subforum under recipes. Or, recipes as a subforum along with foraging/gardening. But then we'd need a new main to take over recipes.

Something like;

-Country Sports

-- Food, Flora and Fauna

--- Foraging/Wild Foods

--- Gardening/Veg Patch

--- Recipes

Yes I think it would be a good idea as lots more people are interested in foraging and anything that helps others to try something new is good.

I used to write quite a few bits for another shooting site many years ago, i like making anything that comes free - its my Northern upbringing !!

At the moment I am tempted by the mushrooms growing at our gun club but keep forgetting to take my foraging id books with me and have mutual discussions every shoot are they safe or not? But they look so so tempting!