Good bag on rape

proTOM1

Went out sunday with stu for a look about but that was hard due to thick fog we drove around and only saw a few birds near some beat tops so did not get setup .Today i headed out i had the choose of beat tops or rape .The beat tops had loads on but needs a few guns to keep them moving ,so thought would leave till weekend .

Headed to the rape and my hide was up on a pole in the middle a few birds on and a few sitting on the wires .

Got setup for 8am with 30 decoys in 2 groups.They soon started to decoy and i soon had a few for the rotay and flapper ,these setup the action really started and i had a good 3 hours sport till it went dead so packed up just after 11.30 .

Finall tally was 105 birds picked ,was using a mates semi auto and home loads of 21g 6s also i was back shooting from my right its hurting now :oops::lol:

post-12734-0-94528100-1322071914.jpg

Went out sunday with stu for a look about but that was hard due to thick fog we drove around and only saw a few birds near some beat tops so did not get setup .Today i headed out i had the choose of beat tops or rape .The beat tops had loads on but needs a few guns to keep them moving ,so thought would leave till weekend .

Headed to the rape and my hide was up on a pole in the middle a few birds on and a few sitting on the wires .

Got setup for 8am with 30 decoys in 2 groups.They soon started to decoy and i soon had a few for the rotay and flapper ,these setup the action really started and i had a good 3 hours sport till it went dead so packed up just after 11.30 .

Finall tally was 105 birds picked ,was using a mates semi auto and home loads of 21g 6s also i was back shooting from my right its hurting now :oops::lol:

great bag tom well done :good:

atb dolphin

Well shot mate :good:

No were near the rape down here :no:

First lot ive really seen myself !

The rape down south is much higher than your pics. Around 12+ inches high or more in some places. Needs a few hard frosts to knock it back, then we will see some action :good::good:

Most rape round me is high but this is very low in the middle of the field would say poor seed bed and as we know pigeons pickup on things like this .

Go easy proTOM1, I hope you are well on the mend. Great news you are on the job and good to hear from you.

Cheers yes getting there first real go at the pigeons since the op tho ive done a fair bit of game shooting tho ive only been shooting tho odd drive .

were they shot in lincoln mate?

Just south of lincoln :good: