better 24 hrs can make

swiss.tony

he,s grooming you buddy :lol::lol:

so coz you have none every one in the country must have none am i wright :hmm: dont know about anyone else but up here the have had a great year breeding and if anything numbers seem to be on the up :hmm::hmm:

well done lads for the op :good::good:

No I think you will find that I said I shoot in the same area as the op so maybe in other areas of the country it is different and when I say the same area I mean within the vacinity of probably less than 2 miles and everybody that I speak to around here says the same that the numbers have depreciated alot in recent years.

you will see a lot less you arm chair warrior get a life or a gun and stop slateing people

AHAHAHA armchair warrior you say??? Think maybe youve been sat in an armchair too long eating pies mate :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issue with shooting Hares with a lamp is that they are **** easy to shoot , they are daft as can be. Knocking hares over in the lamp is absolutely no achievement. You may as well go around shooting pigeon squabs off a nest then line up the slain for a trophy photo as there is about the same amount of skill required. No sorry, pigeon nests can be difficult to spot sometimes.

My issue with shooting Hares with a lamp is that they are **** easy to shoot , they are daft as can be. Knocking hares over in the lamp is absolutely no achievement. You may as well go around shooting pigeon squabs off a nest then line up the slain for a trophy photo as there is about the same amount of skill required. No sorry, pigeon nests can be difficult to spot sometimes.

:stupid:

Got to be a bit careful here...the onus is on the occupier to have written Authority from the person who has shooting rights over the land...in some cases this can be people other than the the farmer who may be only be a tennant.

In my area many of the Farms are owned by large Estates or landlords including the Local Authority, the Church and even the Crown its these people only who have legal right to shoot and can provide Written permission to the occupiers to take ground game at night.

If the OP has written permission from the LO then hes not breaking any laws. What disturbs me is that posting up pictures of hares killed at night ( when to be honest you have to be a bit of a Roy orbison to miss em )albeit in areas where they are plentifull will only encourage the shooting of Hare in some areas where they are scarce.

Personally hares dont present much of a shooting challenge to me and they are not common anymore in these parts so I leave well alone.

If members want to shoot Hares legitimately at night where they are a problem then thats fine also but if its a grey area in terms of that legitimacy then do it and keep it to yourself.

Personally I dont like to see pictures posted up as some sort of Victorian Trophy Hunters self glorification. One hare picture would have been quite enough for me thank you, perhaps with a interesting account of how it was taken.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Got to be a bit careful here...the onus is on the occupier to have written Authority from the person who has shooting rights over the land...in some cases this can be people other than the the farmer who may be only be a tennant.

In my area many of the Farms are owned by large Estates or landlords including the Local Authority, the Church and even the Crown its these people only who have legal right to shoot and can provide Written permission to the occupiers to take ground game at night.

If the OP has written permission from the LO then hes not breaking any laws. What disturbs me is that posting up pictures of hares killed at night ( when to be honest you have to be a bit of a Roy orbison to miss em )albeit in areas where they are plentifull will only encourage the shooting of Hare in some areas where they are scarce.

Personally hares dont present much of a shooting challenge to me and they are not common anymore in these parts so I leave well alone.

If members want to shoot Hares legitimately at night where they are a problem then thats fine also but if its a grey area in terms of that legitimacy then do it and keep it to yourself.

Personally I dont like to see pictures posted up as some sort of Victorian Trophy Hunters self glorification. One hare picture would have been quite enough for me thank you, perhaps with a interesting account of how it was taken.

A pretty decent reply but, if you dont like seeing pictures posted up as some sort of Victorian Trophy Hunters self glorification then you are in the wrong section. :yes:

Edited by Luckyshot

Rabbits, fox, deer(daytime) crows on the ground, ETC.

are just as easy when they are stud still are they not??

and i dont suppose the farmer who,s land these are on is bothered if they are stud still or doing cartwheels round the field as long as they are shut of .

Or perhaps the land owner /farmer could organise a hare drive for the shotguns to shoot em and wound a good few just for the joy of the sport eh.

Personally I dont like to see pictures posted up as some sort of Victorian Trophy Hunters self glorification

It does say Sporting pictures on the heading does it not.

which brings up another point, as much as i like to see wildlife pics should they not be a separate section for them then they could be no mistakes.

If you are in any doubt of what sort of person the op is then you want to read what he sent me by pm. Oh ok then have a read for yourself!! Do we really need this sort of person in the sport? Decide for yourself....

From swiss.tony to me

WHO YOU THINK YOUR TALKING TO IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH WILL MEET UP IN MARKERT WEIGHTON AND SORT IT DONT SLAG ME ME IN HERE YOU F*K IN IDIOT YOU DONT EVAN NO ME ILL SHOOT ANY THING I LIKE AND IF YOU DONT LIKE KEEP YOUR GOB SHUT OK DO NOT REPLY CAUSE I WONT ANSWER YOU HAVE PROPER P***** ME OF THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT WE ARE ALL SHOOTERS SO IF YOU FANCY A MEEET SEDND YOUR NUMBER AND WILL ME AND SORT IT

He will shoot anything he likes whether he has permission or not!!

Where did you get your licence?? Did it come free in a cereal box??

:no:

Personally I dont like to see pictures posted up as some sort of Victorian Trophy Hunters self glorification

It does say Sporting pictures on the heading does it not.

which brings up another point, as much as i like to see wildlife pics should they not be a separate section for them then they could be no mistakes.

fully agree sporting pics should be that sporting pics, pics of dickie birds and flutterbies etc should be in another section, as should pics of shot deer posted by professional stalkers ( they should be in the shooting opertunities section :sly: )

as for the original post and shooting of hares I don't like to shoot them but that's me plenty about but of no interest to me nice to watch in daytime to daft to shoot at night, but as long as its legal then who are we to say who and what a man can shoot on his permissions, we have enough carping from our adversaries without turning on each other.

so please for peace sakes get the necks wound back in

cheerio KW

If you are in any doubt of what sort of person the op is then you want to read what he sent me by pm. Oh ok then have a read for yourself!! Do we really need this sort of person in the sport? Decide for yourself....

From swiss.tony to me

WHO YOU THINK YOUR TALKING TO IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH WILL MEET UP IN MARKERT WEIGHTON AND SORT IT DONT SLAG ME ME IN HERE YOU F*K IN IDIOT YOU DONT EVAN NO ME ILL SHOOT ANY THING I LIKE AND IF YOU DONT LIKE KEEP YOUR GOB SHUT OK DO NOT REPLY CAUSE I WONT ANSWER YOU HAVE PROPER P***** ME OF THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT WE ARE ALL SHOOTERS SO IF YOU FANCY A MEEET SEDND YOUR NUMBER AND WILL ME AND SORT IT

He will shoot anything he likes whether he has permission or not!!

Where did you get your licence?? Did it come free in a cereal box??

:no:

Where does he say that :hmm:

Edited by Luckyshot

P-mx. I know tony and he shoots the hears because of ***** scum that think its okay to drive thru the crop, hedge and leave gates open in pursuit of hears with dogs. The farmers who tony shoots for asked him to shoot the hears and the deer to stop this problem. No quarry = no ***** scum. As for shooting anything I think you have got his back up a lot. When tony has shot with me in the past he dosent shoot hears. I have permission to do so but I don't just because I was always bought up not to. As for them been in decline. Yes in certain areas. My farm has hundreds.

What does ILL SHOOT ANY THING I LIKE say to you??

It means exactly that "I will shoot anything I like" the way I read it is anything legal which is conditioned on my fac and I have permission to shoot I will. Thats how it sounds to me as Tony has broke no laws shooting hares on his "OWN" permission. By the way I dont even know Tony so Im not biased towards him just dont like to see a fellow shooter accused of poaching without any proof. :good:

He will shoot anything he likes whether he has permission or not!!Where did you get your licence?? Did it come free in a cereal box??

Edited by Luckyshot

It means exactly that "I will shoot anything I like" the way I read it is anything legal which is conditioned on my fac and I have permission to shoot I will. Thats how it sounds to me as Tony has broke no laws shooting hares on his "OWN" permission. By the way I dont even know Tony so Im not biased towards him just dont like to see a fellow shooter accused of poaching without any proof. :good:

He will shoot anything he likes whether he has permission or not!!Where did you get your licence?? Did it come free in a cereal box??

Mate I dont know where you have got the idea about poaching from when ive made no mention of it??? What i was sayin was about the written permission to shoot hares by the lamp which is what this whole discusion has been about.

Like I said tony has permission to shoot hears under the lamp. And not really a discussion more people talking out their a**e. Its a case of if you don't like it don't comment I don't shoot pigeons but don't start complain its morally wrong to shoot 100+ when they might have young in the nest.

Mate I dont know where you have got the idea about poaching from when ive made no mention of it??? What i was sayin was about the written permission to shoot hares by the lamp which is what this whole discusion has been about.

You implied above He will shoot anything he likes whether he has permission or not!! just read it again and you are right (wrong end of the stick I thought you said where he likes) I appologise for that but, do you know if he has written permission or not ?

P-mx. I know tony and he shoots the hears because of ***** scum that think its okay to drive thru the crop, hedge and leave gates open in pursuit of hears with dogs. The farmers who tony shoots for asked him to shoot the hears and the deer to stop this problem. No quarry = no ***** scum. As for shooting anything I think you have got his back up a lot. When tony has shot with me in the past he dosent shoot hears. I have permission to do so but I don't just because I was always bought up not to. As for them been in decline. Yes in certain areas. My farm has hundreds.

So are you saying he shoots deer with the use of a lamp aswell? No didnt think so. He may well have permission to shoot hare and deer on the land, but written permission to shoot hares under a lamp on more than just one or 2 permissions? Just because he has permission to shoot them it does not mean he has permission to shoot them useing a lamp. Im not trying to get peoples backs up i just dont believe that anyone could shoot hares in such quantity on just a couple of permissions that may have written permission. Whats he doing releasing them? :lol:

Anyway im done with this thread

Edited by got_the_eye_in