Strangest reason for getting banned from a pub / club

Catweazle

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh...got many stories of people that I have barred and heard many of why people been barred.....

A bit of background.....

Best that springs to mind was the Leeds Student Law society. :/ They came to the pub I worked in Headingley and some might know the Otley Run...well this lot were in fancy dress...came in and started to draw over each other with permament marker pens...and the chairs and anyone near them.....ended up throwing them all out with the normal we know our rights you cant touch me.So i explained the law about drawing a naughty word on a young lady that had nothing to do with it all.. :lol: :lol: ...The "ringleader" tried to have a debate with me about the law ...soon failed and then moaned for 30 mins about being barred.......and off they went..

A couple of weeks later I was working the Sunday afternoon as again we get busy...Start my shift and the "ringleader" is inside having a sunday lunch with I guessed where his parents....so I go up and advise accordingly to leave...then his dad starts with the law....so I just say to him...ask your darling beloved son what he was doing .......and walked away...10 mins alter they left and he came to me apoligising....

well beaters day almost always ends in us getting bared from one pub infact were running out of them!

last year kenny was running around with a pool ball in his shooting stocking ready to kill the barmaids boyfreind then got bared

ive only ever bee chucked out once me and a buddy were trying to get a frence landlord down on price,about a bottle of wine he lost it and went nuts, then 2 weeks later said we can come back we were his best customers :lol:

A fight kicked off a few years ago in 'Bar Baas' bar in Canterbury, just as a couple of mates and I were finishing our beers by the doors. The bouncers jumped in, as they were bundling the the culprits through the doors kicking and screaming they barged into me which sent my drink flying all over this bouncer. Next thing I know I'm being lifted off my feet and having my head rammed into the bar by some smelly sweaty fat *** shouting "you want to throw your drink at me you ****" or something along those lines, before they opened the doors with my head. Mistaken identity/heat of the moment, whatever. I didn't take to it too kindly. I'm not being treated like that by some thick as pig **** meathead, the guy lost his job and doormans license over the brouhaha I kicked up over it :good:

A fight kicked off a few years ago in 'Bar Baas' bar in Canterbury, just as a couple of mates and I were finishing our beers by the doors. The bouncers jumped in, as they were bundling the the culprits through the doors kicking and screaming they barged into me which sent my drink flying all over this bouncer. Next thing I know I'm being lifted off my feet and having my head rammed into the bar by some smelly sweaty fat *** shouting "you want to throw your drink at me you ****" or something along those lines, before they opened the doors with my head. Mistaken identity/heat of the moment, whatever. I didn't take to it too kindly. I'm not being treated like that by some thick as pig **** meathead, the guy lost his job and doormans license over the brouhaha I kicked up over it :good:

ohh....you sound so good in the post........ :no: :no: you must have so much knowledge of the licence trade.....

I got arrested years ago after a fight in my local pub. I only went in to extract my mate Colin who was getting pummled by three blokes. I was a rugby playing 25 year old at the time and I did some serious damage but not really excessive before I was jumped on by the bouncers and dragged off to a store room and locked in then handed over to the police when they arrived.

I was taken to the police station but when I told my story and the fact I was locked in the store room it all went quiet. Thats false imprisonment and they are not allowed to do that. An hour later I was told I could go with a warning that they would be watching me in future. It did my local reputation no end of good though. But for the fact I was locked in the store room I reckon I would have been charged with ABH and my shooting career would have been over. It only takes a mad minute to get yourself into a lifetimes bother.

Colin, and the three blokes attacking him were never arrested. although two went to hospital with nosebleeds but nothing was broken. I came off worse from the bouncers, bruised cheek and face, massive bruise it went all down my face, every colour of the rainbow, but they weren't arrested either.

A week later I went back to the pub but was told I was banned for life. The pub is about 100yds from where I now live and I go there from time to time to watch the football with my son.

Edited by Vince Green

Our pub was a bit of a bikers pub, then the landlord left and the new one told us "no bikes in the car park, it puts people off!"

So two of the group parked their bikes....in the vault :blink: :lol:

It was a huge room, former working mens club, and the burnout marks remained in the flooring for years!

One was a Z900, the other a Kettle GT750, which was running a tad rich......lovely aroma in their for weeks! :lol: :lol:

Not when they overreact without knowing facts first and throw muscle at a problem as the first response. Paid muscle/bullies....the bouncers in that place have always been OTT and many people have been whacked wrongly over the years in there. No sympathy with license holders at that club for good reason, they don't have brains enough to think correctly on their feet. If their licenses were worth the paper they were written on they wouldn't be granted to primates in a tie. They would be granted to people who could manage a heavy situation whilst applying intelligence to sorting a situation without involving innocent bystanders and then assaulting that innocent bystander.

Glad to say the security company lost their contract at renewal time (over multiple 'indiscretions'). Fortunately examples of good doormanship outnumber those of those of chucking their weight around on some kind of power trip. I'm not saying all doorman are meatheads, some definately are and those are the ones who I don't like.

Edited by margun

I guess he knows enough to know he doesn't like having his head bashed in for no reason.

in defence the doorman made a pre empemtive strike....and I struggle to see how he lost his licence from that......

I got arrested years ago after a fight in my local pub. I only went in to extract my mate Colin who was getting pummled by three blokes. I was a rugby playing 25 year old at the time and I did some serious damage before I was jumped on by the bouncers and dragged off to a store room and locked in then handed over to the police when they arrived.

I was taken to the police station but when I told my story and the fact I was locked in the store room it all went quiet. Thats false imprisonment and they are not allowed to do that. An hour later I was told I could go with a warning that they would be watching me in future. It did my local reputation no end of good though.

again..full story??......

Not when they overreact without knowing facts first and throw muscle at a problem as the first response. Paid muscle/bullies....the bouncers in that place have always been OTT and many people have been whacked wrongly over the years in there. No sympathy with license holders at that club for good reason, they don't have brains enough to think correctly on their feet. If their licenses were worth the paper it was written on they wouldn't be granted to primates in a tie. They would be granted to people who could manage a heavy situation whilst applying intelligence to sorting a situation without involving innocent bystanders and then assaulting that innocent bystander.

Glad to say the security company lost their contract at renewal time (over multiple 'indiscretions'). Fortunately examples of good doormanship outnumber those of those of chucking their weight around on some kind of power trip. I'm not saying all doorman are meatheads, some definately are and those are the ones who I don't like.

TO BE BLUNT...Unless you have done the job its very hard for an outsider to see the job.....different venues require different attuitudes and way of dealing with incidents

TO BE BLUNT...Unless you have done the job its very hard for an outsider to see the job.....different venues require different attuitudes and way of dealing with incidents

I couldn't agree more leeds chimp, the approach to dealing with incidents will differ depending on whether it's the Ritz in Paris or 'Baa Bars' in Canterbury. Some places attract a pretty grim clientele and in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping it's always going to be tough to make the right call. But it still doesn't excuse using someone's head to open a set of double doors.

I couldn't agree more leeds chimp, the approach to dealing with incidents will differ depending on whether it's the Ritz in Paris or 'Baa Bars' in Canterbury. Some places attract a pretty grim clientele and in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping it's always going to be tough to make the right call. But it still doesn't excuse using someone's head to open a set of double doors.

again...so its depends on the venue and the clients it attracts..the doorlad prob thought you were throwing a glass at him and it missed and the contents hit him instead...so dealt with it accordingly ;)

No! Don't say bouncer again....too late, dummies and rattles on the floor! :lol:

that term went out years ago..... :lol: :lol:

more door supervisor.. :yes:

no chance....again cant really comment without the full facts and the OP has not replied to say how the doorman lost his licence from this incident...

and its not always assault when you hit someone first...

The full facts have been given, and at no point was the OP putting the doorman in fear of an attack, therefore no need for a 'pre-emptive strike', which incidentally has to be proportionate to the threat. To batter someone's head into a bar and then use that persons head as a 'battering ram' is neither lawful or proportionate.

It's fairly obvious why the bouncer lost his licence as far as I can see.

my head has been used a few times to open doors, not just by doormen but the police aswell , my theory if your being naughty and get dragged out of a club your going throught the door first, ive even been chucked down stairs by door staff, most of the time ive been chucked out is grabing a mate before hes throttled some one door staff and police dont see it like that, but thats what they are paid for to protect others

The full facts have been given, and at no point was the OP putting the doorman in fear of an attack, therefore no need for a 'pre-emptive strike', which incidentally has to be proportionate to the threat. To batter someone's head into a bar and then use that persons head as a 'battering ram' is neither lawful or proportionate.

It's fairly obvious why the bouncer lost his licence as far as I can see.

ok....so the doorlad is throwing a bloke out then gets a drink "split" over him...for all he knew "bearing in mind the OP has said about the venue" that it could have been a glass thrown at him so therefore dealt with it...granted the battering ram part might not be the best but I cna understand if you think you just had a glass thrown at you

my head has been used a few times to open doors, not just by doormen but the police aswell , my theory if your being naughty and get dragged out of a club your going throught the door first, ive even been chucked down stairs by door staff, most of the time ive been chucked out is grabing a mate before hes throttled some one door staff and police dont see it like that, but thats what they are paid for to protect others

I remember when I let go of a bloke to open the door...he turned round and cracked me one quick as a flash...never made that mistake again.... :no: