Sound Suppressor for 243

FENDT

A-Tec Maxim from Jackson rifles.Only weighs 13oz,you can extend or shorten the length by adding or removing baffles,only adds 5.5 inches to the length of the barrel and is very quiet.About £250.

They are 'practically' maintenance free,according to their blurb,but time will tell no doubt. :good:

I have a Reflex T8 on my .243 & .308. Excellent quality.

I am with Steve.

I have a T8 reflex on My T3 243, works a treat, You will no doubt get a post or two saying they rust,split, can't clean blahh blahh. The truth is, if You look after them they are fine, a good squirt of WD and left to soak then drain is as technical as You need to be :good:

You can spend more, can buy prettier,but the effect is pretty much the same :good:

Hi

Not unlike many things in shooting/hunting (scopes, lights, clothing, bullets etc) this will be one of those marmite/individuals choice/experience based things that are not easy to reconcile/make a decision ............

You might want to also peruse/consider the Third Eye Tactical Spartan - I havent tried my recently acquired one out yet but am pretty sure it will not be found too wanting in comparison with the others mentioned.

Its alloy (lighter) but with stainless-steel inserts to the baffles to reduce 'gas-cutting' and it can also be stripped down easily for naintenance.

Cheers

L

I have a pred 8 on my 243 and 308 and it does the job, the T8 is as good, a mate has one on his 243 and its 10yrs old. He's never had any probs, just wd40 and an airline now and again.Pro's are that the pred 8 is stripable and you can get replacement parts so should last a lifetime, the T8 may not be stripable but its noticeable quieter than my pred 8.If I was buying a mod for my 243 today I would opt for compact in either model as the long mods arent needed on 243. Of course if you have loads of dosh there are some nice carbon fibre and titanium models about,wieght is the thing.

Its abit like asking who has the best woman. Obviously its theirs. T8 on mine by far the quietest performing mod

+1 For the T8....I've used/tried a couple of others, on my then .222 and now on my .243.......really nothing I could find came up to the mark compared with the T8...tiny bit heavy tho..:)