What drives you mad on tv

welsh1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOADS of things **** me off on the box

But the revelation this year was how good the old stuff is compared to the new! I was well suprised when I realised that about all of the programes I really enjoyed were REPEATS!!!

Sodit

Edited by sodit

The only way is Essex! made the mistake of attempting to view a episode,whats it all about, are they bad actors,is it scripted? I haven't got a clue and am not destroying more brain cells watching another minute of the rubbish ,what makes it worse the shops are stocking scent of Essex and under wear

The only way is Essex! made the mistake of attempting to view a episode,whats it all about, are they bad actors,is it scripted? I haven't got a clue and am not destroying more brain cells watching another minute of the rubbish ,what makes it worse the shops are stocking scent of Essex and under wear

Well if you live in the wrong part of Essex the only scent you get is rotting rubbish from the land fill sites

:lol::lol:

Well if you live in the wrong part of Essex the only scent you get is rotting rubbish from the land fill sites

:lol::lol:

Oh is that what the smell is, I thought it was this.......

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=french%20farmers%20burning%20sheep&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F1990%2F09%2F17%2Fworld%2Ffrench-protest-of-sheep-imports-turns-ugly.html&ei=TzgAT--vOovX8QPnl4neCw&usg=AFQjCNHxC0rAsd13q1eZyjZ8ShetUkWnEA

:lol::D

TEH

Thats some cutting edge news you got there Timbo :lol: For a minute I thought the kermits were at it again.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=have%20i%20got%20news%20for%20you&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fprogrammes%2Fb006mkw3&ei=3j8AT9STM42cOsLW3awB&usg=AFQjCNGV8HU1kU_KQdr7U3ydD-962OONCg

:lol:

It could have been worse Rob, I could have mentioned “capitulation” but thought better of it……

:D

TEH

Its not necessarily the programmes that **** me off its the fact that they're all interlinked now, from breakfast news talking about the lastest "I'm an ice-dancing non entity who has failed having been in a soap opera - get me a reality deal quickly" to the constant coverage in "newspapers" (I use the word advisedly) the resulting spin off programmes etc and the insiduous perculation of this tat and it being treated as "culture".

Its been said before but this **** is perpetuating and constantly reinforcing the perception for kids that being "on TV" or "Famous" is the only route to acheiving all that the advertisers tell them that they need to be a success!

I quote it too often but its Bread & Circuses

Edited by Willxx

Its not necessarily the programmes that **** me off its the fact that they're all interlinked now, from breakfast news talking about the lastest "I'm an ice-dancing non entity who has failed having been in a soap opera - get me a reality deal quickly" to the constant coverage in "newspapers" (I use the word advisedly) the resulting spin off programmes etc and the insiduous perculation of this tat and it being treated as "culture".

Its been said before but this **** is perpetuating and constantly reinforcing the perception for kids that being "on TV" or "Famous" is the only route to acheiving all that the advertisers tell them that they need to be a success!

I quote it too often but its Bread & Circuses

I totally agree - possibly why such activities are termed "Juvenile"! The ideal that everyone will rise to the level of the highest common denominator has been proved erroneous time and time again, people willusually sink to the level of the lowest common denominator, as it is the easy route - put low quality information or entertainment into someone's life and eventually that is all they can aspire to.. The Reithian concept did have something of importance to say, sometimes it is better to pay more for better material, rather than flood the airwaves with cheap, nasty, ****!

Sorry, rant over, I will get my coat from the hall and shut the door on the way out :blush: Have a good 2012 everyone.

The whole TV aproach to presentation is now so riddled with ads its not worth watching. I have therefore jacked in Sky. They offered me an amazing deal to go back -free Sky + box, reduced subs etc but never again.

I'll stick to love film and the Beeb 1,2.

For me it's Towie, never seen even a minute of it, never will.

The following is true. I'm so out of touch with what's on TV on the 'reality' front I overheard a 15 minute long conversation between two late-20-somethings at a client's recently talking about 'TOWIE' and I honestly thought (for the first 14 minutes) they were discussing a programme about a Welsh river and the weird folks that live near it.

:blush:

Very rarely watch television, but every time I do happen to give it a glance that POXY sounds like a Golf ad (what sounds like an over priced under equiped car thats not usually screwed together in Germany and is in reality no better than any other car in its class) is on, it makes me want to puke at how smug and conceted VW and usually the people that drive them really are, dont they just think they are the bee's knee's. The salesman and the pig face woman at the end I just want to crushem. Oh and the go compare ads.

What the Hell is Towie?

I pay for Virgin XL TV package so that I can watch channels such as Natgeo, men & motors, history, discovery, that way I get to avoid all the soaps, dancing, celeb going for a dump etc.

Trouble is, every decent series on now has just finished on another channel, so I've seen everything! Wheeler dealers was good, but its currently on its fourth or fifth run, same with anything similar. Then, each programme is on at the advertised time, next channel is same thing on HD, next channel is same as the other 2 plus one hour, multiply that by 5 or 6 programmes and most of the channels have gone :angry:

I can flick through about 100 channels and see nothing new!

This has been a great thread, and I think I agree with every word that been said.

There is another annoying ad that I'd like to mention,

Its a little fella, with long hair, and a stupid green cape thing on,advertising windows, saying,

" You buy one, you get one free, I say you buy one, you get one free."

Hadn't seen the ad for years, then suddenly it was back on my TV recently. AARRGGGHHH!!