Krieghoff help required

Salopian

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed - if memory serves, there were some issues with ill fitting chokes - a couple of lads at the now defunct A6 club. Trigger problems - one shooter I know said his went back 20 times in 2 years. Even allowing for a little exaggeration - it is not good. He got rid and now shoots a Miroku Grade 5 Trap.

I know of no-one who thinks Miroku, Browning or Beretta are less reliable than Krieghoff.

Each to his own.

imo the japanese brownings and mirokus are hard to beat for reliability and workmanship for the money. if it wasnt the fact they recoil bad with me i would be shooting one now. i now have a k80 and am slowly adapting to its style, this i can see will probably take a couple of years before i see the very best out of it. comfort to shoot only an auto will beat it and from what ive seen over the years its a gun built to last. perazzi on the other hand, they really are overpriced for what you get. mine broke just about everything it could have over the years. yes they handle pretty good if you get it how you like but personally i wouldnt have another. so if your prepared to put the effort in then go K80, if not buy a miroku.

Ed - if memory serves, there were some issues with ill fitting chokes - a couple of lads at the now defunct A6 club. Trigger problems - one shooter I know said his went back 20 times in 2 years. Even allowing for a little exaggeration - it is not good. He got rid and now shoots a Miroku Grade 5 Trap.

I know of no-one who thinks Miroku, Browning or Beretta are less reliable than Krieghoff.

Each to his own.

i seem to remember when i worked at my friends shop, he bought about half a dozen berettas in, different models and different grades, everyone of them came back with problems, he also had problems with the woods finish on a load of brownings too.

As previously mentioned, each to their own. No gun is going to buy you success.

I personally like the styling and handling of the K80 & the people who I know that shoot them, shoot them well. They were all good shots to start with however. That being said, the K80 is the most mechanically complex gun on the market & I think, overpriced.

One friend had no end of problems, from being sold a left handed stock (right hand requested) to ripples in the barrels on a new gun. It has to be said that Mr. Rhone didn't cover himself in glory with customer service.

If this thread was about Hatstands, there would be a load of gimps crying like bitches and saying theirs hasn't jammed in 25,000,000 shots :lol: :lol: :lol:

As Ed said, each to his own. I'd try one out if I could afford one, but then I'm not a bleating cloth cap jealous reverse snob type :P

If this thread was about Hatstands, there would be a load of gimps crying like bitches and saying theirs hasn't jammed in 25,000,000 shots :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've never even touched one but still say they're the best thing on the market :lol: :lol: .

Trying to make a decision as to whether to buy a K80 or not.

If you think they are a good buy, convince me please. :good:

On Shotgunworld you mentioned that you have already owned three Krieghoffs, and you would not have a Blaser in your truck, come on Salopian what are you playing at?

Playing at nothing. Just trying to justify the expense to myself and whether I should try once and for all to lay the ghost of me not being able to get along with a Krieghoff.

As for Blaser, I do not want to enter into a discussion about them for fear of recurring nightmares.

Have you bothered to wonder why Blaser have had so many different franchisers.

But I have friends who say that Blaser are the best guns they have ever had and will never need another brand.

Each to his own.

Playing at nothing. Just trying to justify the expense to myself and whether I should try once and for all to lay the ghost of me not being able to get along with a Krieghoff.

As for Blaser, I do not want to enter into a discussion about them for fear of recurring nightmares.

Have you bothered to wonder why Blaser have had so many different franchisers.

But I have friends who say that Blaser are the best guns they have ever had and will never need another brand.

Each to his own.

Salopian,

I do not need to "wonder" why Blaser are on their third franchiser. I actually know.

I do agree about each to his own though.

If you went to the factory and saw how they were put together, plus the first rate back up service from Alan Rhone, you can soon see where the money goes.

Reliability wise, I've shot mine for over 10 years now and have absolutely no complaints/issues, nor do any of my friends who shoot them. I heard of a problem with a set of barrels recently that was rectified within a week- other than that, no problems with the guns. Best bit of kit for breaking clays out there.

glad someone hit that one, im sure Gordon has a reason for his dislike of the K80, but i cant see it for its reliability, it is one of the best constructed guns out there in my humble Engineering opinion, many others fall into the same catagory, you are sure to find a lemon in any companies portfolio, but i think they would be few and very far between with Krieghoff.

had mine for a while now, K80 pro sporter all the bells and whistles, yes it is an expensive toy, but a very nice one too.

it has taken me around 5k in rounds to actualy marry into the gun, it is so easy to put it down when things go wrong and pick up old faithful, dont quit, it shoots so very different from many others, heavier front end, swings a lot smoother, great recoil absorbtion in the ADJ stock, all round a superb firearm.

having quite a few for competition it had taken me a season to get comfortable and bring scores back where i liked to see them, as in all new things, it takes time and patience, anyone who has bought one should not be disapointed in its performance.

this coming from a stalwart Browning owner too.

just my opinion.

Martin.

Martin - I don't actually dislike them. I have had hold of a few - but never shot one. They seem on the chunky side for me, although I have a number of trap guns.

I have heard some horror stories, but accept that others might cite the same for other makes.

My main problem is the cost. I just don't see them being roughly 3 or 4 times the price of a Miroku Grade 5.

understood Gordon, see your point, i have had the good fortune to shoot many top guns over the years in competitions here, K80's, Perazzi, Kolar and Miroku to mention a few, all are high priced i feel, the materials and machining put in are higher graded, the tolerances met are to higher standards, the finish and fits are better than the more common guns (not a slagging comment), that goes without saying really, though all are great platforms to shoot i did find the Perazzi the chunkier, unfortunately all had Beavertail forends, i prefer the Schnabel end on all my guns, as is my K80 a slim girl she is :yes: , i still pick up old faithful my Ultra XS and blast a few thou through as in yesterday, beautiful day, minus 4c targets flying and dying, still no snow here,,,,,,,, YET !!!!!!!

have a pic of the K80, will have to throw it up.

Martin.

post-1145-0-24687800-1325609697.jpg

understood Gordon, see your point, i have had the good fortune to shoot many top guns over the years in competitions here, K80's, Perazzi, Kolar and Miroku to mention a few, all are high priced i feel, the materials and machining put in are higher graded, the tolerances met are to higher standards, the finish and fits are better than the more common guns (not a slagging comment), that goes without saying really, though all are great platforms to shoot i did find the Perazzi the chunkier, unfortunately all had Beavertail forends, i prefer the Schnabel end on all my guns, as is my K80 a slim girl she is :yes: , i still pick up old faithful my Ultra XS and blast a few thou through as in yesterday, beautiful day, minus 4c targets flying and dying, still no snow here,,,,,,,, YET !!!!!!!

have a pic of the K80, will have to throw it up.

Martin.

That does look nice.

I have always like the look of them, even handled one in a shop and it felt fantastic I was so tempted to buy it.

The one thing that has put me off is the ‘you need to learn to shoot them reply’ from so many shooters.

I could not justify the outlay without trying one first, and I am too scared to try one in case I like it and have to buy one.

I get a bit of stick for shooting a DT10 with its overpriced, not proper custom built, marmite gun..... But I love it and would not change apart from maybe a Krieghoff.

:good:

That does look nice.

I have always like the look of them, even handled one in a shop and it felt fantastic I was so tempted to buy it.

The one thing that has put me off is the ‘you need to learn to shoot them reply’ from so many shooters.

I could not justify the outlay without trying one first, and I am too scared to try one in case I like it and have to buy one.

I get a bit of stick for shooting a DT10 with its overpriced, not proper custom built, marmite gun..... But I love it and would not change apart from maybe a Krieghoff.

:good:

You need to learn to shoot anyway - why not do it with a shinier gun? :P

Martin - very nice.

I share Timps view - it is a lot to lay out if you aren't totally sure.

I would take a punt on a DT10 - although I don't see them worth twice the price of a 682E Gold.

I have looked at Salvinelli, Zoli, Perazzi, Kemen ( not too happy about non-chrome bores with these two), Gamba - felt very nice. I would be happy to fling a couple of grand at one, knowing I could get rid fairly easily.

Krieghoff is a lot less populated market.