littlle fella

the last engineer

thought i'd throw this one up for you guys, not that i am a fan of Hunting Wolves i thought you might like the shear size of this fellow, he weighed in at 210 lbs

the guy holding him up struggled like hell to keep him there for the picture.

i would not like to have been on the receiving end of his chops i can tell you

Wolf was taken in a place called Conklin.

regards,

Martin.

wolf.pdf

Thats one mighty animal!!! Do Wolves cause much damage?

think of your Wife,,,,,, add PMS,,,, THROW IN A BUCKET OF STEROIDS,,,,, A PORTION OF HEADACHES,,,,, THE CHANGE ,,, AND THERE YOU HAVE IT

dont get involved with a WOOLUFF this big.....

really though they do have issues with herds, horeses and other creatures, i guess they havea right to live as others, nature and her finest, we have a pack just a little north of Edmonton that are giving a few horses a hard time.

they can be trouble, i guess it depends on which side of the fence you sit,,,, personally i would have loved to see this guy running the pack..

Martin.

Awesome animal what a waste.Flame me if you like but i look at this picture and feel sad.sorry.

Tiff,

There is not wrong with feeling sad over death.

However keep in mind over here we have several predators that we need to keep in check, just like foxes in the UK. Over the years I have lost horses, cows, sheep, ducks, geese and chickens to racoons, foxes, coyotes, wolves, and cougars. I have also had to deal with bears breaking into barns, and houses as well as stealing livestock. Also remember that coyotes, wolves, cougars, and bears are capable of, and do stock people.

NTTF

think of your Wife,,,,,, add PMS,,,, THROW IN A BUCKET OF STEROIDS,,,,, A PORTION OF HEADACHES,,,,, THE CHANGE ,,, AND THERE YOU HAVE IT

dont get involved with a WOOLUFF this big.....

really though they do have issues with herds, horeses and other creatures, i guess they havea right to live as others, nature and her finest, we have a pack just a little north of Edmonton that are giving a few horses a hard time.

they can be trouble, i guess it depends on which side of the fence you sit,,,, personally i would have loved to see this guy running the pack..

Martin.

Me too.... :yes:

Not an animal I'd want to shoot, just a personal thing....labrador puppies...thats another thing.. :shoot:

What a great looking animal, bit of a shame he was shot but can fully understand why. I would not want him around livestock or anywhere near me for that matter. Saying that I take it those bloke is taller than 4' 6" :lol:

Not an animal I'd want to shoot, just a personal thing....labrador puppies...thats another thing.. :shoot:

Is that cause they keep rolling out toilet roll everywhere?

Edited by ferguson_tom

Tiff,

There is not wrong with feeling sad over death.

However keep in mind over here we have several predators that we need to keep in check, just like foxes in the UK. Over the years I have lost horses, cows, sheep, ducks, geese and chickens to racoons, foxes, coyotes, wolves, and cougars. I have also had to deal with bears breaking into barns, and houses as well as stealing livestock. Also remember that coyotes, wolves, cougars, and bears are capable of, and do stock people.

NTTF

Hi Dan, long time my friend.

NTTF is right regarding the culling of these animals, this one apparently had taken a few horses and cattle, i can understand why with the size of the frame.

but the ranchers have their lives too and need to control them, along with others.

there was an issue with integrating wolves back in their natural habitat with our southern cousins a few years back, a large pack (i recall 16 or so) of Timber wolves were re introduced to one of the National park areas, all went well (so they thought) until ranchers reported missing sheep cattle and so on, out came the guns and blew them all away, a terrible shame in my opinion, i am a fan of whatching these magnificent animals in their natural habitat, but as Dan has said, there is the need for control, we would lose more than gain.

if i understand correctly, Dan jump in anytime, it was explained to me that without control of the larger predators as well as the Elk, Deer, Moose etc, there would be an imbalance in the food chain.

right now with the Global changes the larger Bears are going further north for food and the Polar Bears are coming further south, documented cases of the two interbreeding is on file, Grizzly and Polar, the whole habitat changes.

Bears are becoming so comfortable around the subburbs if can become a little scary, an area we go to frequently is called Jasper National Park, in the heart of the Rockies, Gods country trust me, to see these animals in their finest is something else, one can only marvel at the wonders of Nature.

NTTF can add a more detailed understanding of the balance of all things im sure, i still consider myself a rookie regarding Cananda and her wonders (18 yrs and counting)

regards,

Martin.

thought i'd throw this one up for you guys, not that i am a fan of Hunting Wolves i thought you might like the shear size of this fellow, he weighed in at 210 lbs

the guy holding him up struggled like hell to keep him there for the picture.

i would not like to have been on the receiving end of his chops i can tell you

Wolf was taken in a place called Conklin.

regards,

Martin.

Christ that blokes tiny!

I understand the need for control and im sure you understand it a lot better than me,and after all its your country. Im not saying its wrong or anything dont get me wrong,its just that for me,its too much like a dog.Maybe im going soft in my old age.

Its such a massive wolf,ive never seen anything like it.I would rather see it running around the wilderness,from a distance of course.

Its a hard one isnt it,i suppose its a question of balance.

I understand the need for control and im sure you understand it a lot better than me,and after all its your country. Im not saying its wrong or anything dont get me wrong,its just that for me,its too much like a dog.Maybe im going soft in my old age.

Its such a massive wolf,ive never seen anything like it.I would rather see it running around the wilderness,from a distance of course.

Its a hard one isnt it,i suppose its a question of balance.

very true Tiff, i was not overly chuffed myself with the demise of this animal, especially when i am pretty sure it will end up on a wall for trophey boys to gloat over.

it is a balance where certain creatures need to be controlled HUMAINLY of course, its a shame that the trophey hunters make bad press for many kills over here

such is life my Friend, we dont have to agree on it all, but we have to participate none the less.

Martin.