Ear protection

picardy

DO NOT SHOOT WITHOUT PROTECTION! You will regret it in later life. I have a set of electronic over ear type, MSA Sordins but they are not to everyone's liking as some prefer earplugs as they don't catch the stock as much. Your best bet is to start off with some plugs like shooters aids and see if you can tollerate them in your ears. If not you may have to go for over ear type muffs

Cheers

Tom

I got some Napier Pr0 9 Protectors, about £22 new,I think they are great, they regularly come up on ebay for half that price. As has been said NEVER shoot without protection, I have a problem at the moment with my right ear, totally deaf in it, been like it since before Christmas and seeing a consultant on Wednesday. The problem is not through shooting, but being deaf in one ear temporary really makes you appreciate your hearing and how precious it is.

I concur very much with the advice on the Napier Pro 9/10, they are actually Zem SensGard hearing protectors if you can import them as such you get them 1/2 price, I've tried them all except the CENS type and the pro 9/10 are as good as the best if you wear them correctly. LOOK HERE Isn't it strange how everything doubles in price as it hits these shores?

Napier Pro 9's are excellent. I had a set, but now use Howard Leight electronic ones. I learned the hard way, by shooting from a young age, for many years without hearing protection. I now have Tinnutis, which is with me for the rest of my life.

Get the best you can afford before the damage is done.

Steve.

I concur very much with the advice on the Napier Pro 9/10, they are actually Zem SensGard hearing protectors if you can import them as such you get them 1/2 price, I've tried them all except the CENS type and the pro 9/10 are as good as the best if you wear them correctly. LOOK HERE Isn't it strange how everything doubles in price as it hits these shores?

A bit like their electronic ear defenders that can be bought (in this country) for less than half price providing they don't have the Napier logo on them.

Emtech will be at the shooting show in Newark. As I will be there exhibiting Iron Plate Action Shooting I will be paying a quick visit to their stand and have my ear impressions taken for a new set of internal ear protectors that still let you hear the spoken word. I have the Peltor Sportac but I will not wear them while shooting my new DT10 because I hate the thought of the things denting the top comb.

Hi can anyone recommend so ear protection for clay shooting been today for first time and loved it but my bloody ears are still ringing

As well as good ear protection,eye protection is just as important,fed up trying to get through to some of the young lads on the sunday shoot we go to,i have tinitus in my left ear,not recomended,i use electronic defenders by deben and there fine.

I use to have sonic 2 push in ones, there ok for half hour but any longer and they get really uncomfortable, I then got a mould your own kit, these are great comfy and do a great job, I have now drilled them and put the sonic 2 valves into them, can now wear them all day long no problems. I've never experienced electronic ones, but to be fairly honest I hate the muffs as some feel heavy, bulky an also make your ears hot and sticky.

My farther has Emtec and am going for the same to. But because of there price am waiting for an accident pay out to fund them ! I just need my boomin solicitor to pull her thumb out and and get some action done, its been going on now for nearly a year !

I to simply cant get on with over ear defenders electric or otherwise !

Thanks for all your replys been on the phone to emetc today which it turns out are only 25 mins away from me seemed very helpfull trying to arrange a appointment for so time next week to get some moulds done then should take may be a week to complete so I'll post how I get on with them . Also I've borrowed a pair of Bisley ear muffs for this weekend thanks again