False accusations in work.

Lloyd90

Everyone who knows me know's its a false allegation... they all said I'm too tight to pay for a birds dinner :lol:

now **** off Its serious lol

:lol: glad you saw the funny side mate.. :good: I'm sure you have nothing to worry about as the truth always out's in the end...

Regards,

Gixer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spoken to ACAS, they have told me that I can only complain internally until I am dismissed then I can go for an employment tribunal.

I have complained internally to CEO who dismissed my claims and said the person who I complained against had to deal with it.

Very much up against a wall.

Thank you for that link however as it has alot of relevant info and I will have to look into it further :good:

Can you take it to the board (I don't know how large your company is but if you have a CEO there should be others you can go to), if the CEO is dismissing your claims then you have to take it higher.

It's ridiculous to suggest that the person you have a complaint against should deal with the complaint. :no:

It's almost as if they want to be taken to an employment tribunal and shafted. :good:

have a read of your terms and conditions there should be a grievance procedure and they must follow this if the grievance is about a manager above you the grievance must be past on to to someone senior to the manager the stages of the procedure should be outlined in your t&c's

This is were a union comes in handy especially in the current climate a couple of quid a week can save your job

Can you take it to the board (I don't know how large your company is but if you have a CEO there should be others you can go to), if the CEO is dismissing your claims then you have to take it higher.

It's ridiculous to suggest that the person you have a complaint against should deal with the complaint. :no:

It's almost as if they want to be taken to an employment tribunal and shafted. :good:

There are 3 Partner's, that came from the best one :no:

I don't think I can take it to an employment tribunal unless I am dismissed which they seem to know, as they are just trying to make it difficult for everyone until they just hand in there notice

If management is determined to lose staff by whatever means there is not much you can do about it IMO.

Ensure that you have written notes of all events and make a written complaint/objection to management each time and keep copies of all communications and dates and don,t allow any one event to wear you down as that is their plan.It seems this is going to be a case of having all the evidence after the final dismissal or you giving your notice in order to take them to a tribunal and get recompense.

I have seen similar happen before and some management are ruthless to get the result they want and are happy to get rid of most staff at the cost of one or two taking them to tribunal.

Don't let anything said stop you taking legal or professional advice whilst this is going on.

Good luck and keep your chin up and have confidence that truth will out.

PW is great, but it really looks like the situation you have should be discussed with someone who knows about these issues, i.e a solicitor.

Indeed. I have a feeling that local CA centres have a kind of 'duty solicitor' arrangement a bit like police stations. If Mungler was about he could probably confirm this.

A client of mine is getting severe grief off some of his staff at the moment and a few of them went en masse to the local civic offices where they apparently saw a brief paid for by the CA bureau.

I don't think it is really a police matter at this stage - CAB or a solicitor are the best bet right now.

Do you have work colleagues you trust and who you can discuss this with - the allegations seem to be so out of character with how you describe yourself and maybe a colleague could put this to your boss/manager more rationally than you can at the moment. Understandably, you will be feeling quite emotional.

However, for what it is take worth, take a deep breath, try to have a good sleep tonight and maybe it will have blown over or seem less of an insurmountable problem in the morning - it does happen like that sometimes.....

Robin 128 says

A job is very valuable these days...keep your head down and let others take the flack...work hard and look around for other employment.

That is VERY VERY sound advice

All the very best

Is anyone else suffering this sort of unwarranted hassle? She sounds like a woman in a position of power who got there by bullying, not by credentials. We have our fair share of those.....

Several people. AS said one employee received his letter of dismissal the day after argueing with this woman. He took it higher than her and was re instated.

Did you get a written warning?-if yes can you give me brief details of the procedure please.

I complained in the meeting that I had been there under the pretence of a sales review and that had no been allowed to know about this allegation , had not had opportunity to bring along a friend or union rep and such and they immediately back tracked and said they were investigating about whether to give me a warning and were going to be sending me on out to sign. I told them I would be refusing it!

Why do that, unless you ARE stressed that is

Trust me mate, I am very stressed. Was considering going into the line of Social Worker, if these malicious and untrue allegations get onto a file about me how does that look if anyone ever writes to them for a reference ?

"Was given a warning for sexually harassing a random woman in public" - wouldn't that just be great :no:

Don't forget the CCTV - you've been told the company has the event captured so you have a right to view it during any investigation. This is not a matter for the police, it's an internal matter and you have every right to view the footage if it exists.

Make sure you make a formal request for the footage to be saved too. You don't want to find it's been erased after a period of time.

As has already been said, keep notes on everything, what's been said, emails, procedures followed (or not) and any outcomes. All this will be vital for a tribunal if you're unfortunate enough to end up at one.

A job is very valuable these days...keep your head down and let others take the flack...work hard and look around for other employment.

:good:

Oh god. :rolleyes: You sound like one of those bum lickers who work with me and let the bosses walk all over them.

Nobody should be bullied at work, or be a victim of lies.

All the best to the original poster.

Edited by RUNCEMOUNT

ACAS and yes constructive dismissal. Don't go down the line of stress

ACAS have advised me NOT to take Constructive DIsmissal without seeking legal advice first. I will probally return to work Monday. Really I am just waiting for them now to sack me so I can take it to tribunal.

There are more events and allegations been made since and with no evidence or proof of anything the manager has accused me and singled me out, when I stated this he told me he was simply informing and not accusing me.

I phoned around and he hasn't "informed" anyone else :no: that's another point for my record. :good:

ACAS have advised me NOT to take Constructive DIsmissal without seeking legal advice first. I will probally return to work Monday. Really I am just waiting for them now to sack me so I can take it to tribunal.

There are more events and allegations been made since and with no evidence or proof of anything the manager has accused me and singled me out, when I stated this he told me he was simply informing and not accusing me.

I phoned around and he hasn't "informed" anyone else :no: that's another point for my record. :good:

Constructive dismissal is only applicable is you have actually be dismissed.

I'd go to acas or citizens advice, if the police do get involved you could go down the line of slander defamation of caryter, making up false statements ETC. You will need to follow the company procedure tho, do it by the book keep all emails and send a copy to private email address, if she gets involved then she would be breaking the dignity at work/ grievance procedure , all this needs to be document.