Why do the English

magman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More to the point why is it only me who seems to pay whenever I go to get a prescription, even when I have no work I pay yet every other Tom **** and Ali seem to waltz out with free medicine :angry:

I know how you feel ive had 3 perscriptions this mth for an abscess under my tooth , and i seamed to be the only one i the queue what paid for it at 7.50quid ish a time :hmm:

I know how you feel ive had 3 perscriptions this mth for an abscess under my tooth , and i seamed to be the only one i the queue what paid for it at 7.50quid ish a time :hmm:

Ah but some people on regular meds pay a sort of season ticket, works out cheaper.

Others like myself get free ones for medical reasons (diabetic)

And then the people on benefits :yp: get them free as do the elderly (and the Scots and Welsh)

:shaun:

More to the point why is it only me who seems to pay whenever I go to get a prescription, even when I have no work I pay yet every other Tom **** and Ali seem to waltz out with free medicine :angry:

Same as at the dentist , I save my cavities for my ten yearly ordeal , when I pay my £300 the rest of them sign a chit and off they go . I feel a right chump too when I am the only one paying for the prescription . The ones who get the free medicines should be given free johnnies to reduce the numbers of spongers .

Same as at the dentist , I save my cavities for my ten yearly ordeal , when I pay my £300 the rest of them sign a chit and off they go . I feel a right chump too when I am the only one paying for the prescription . The ones who get the free medicines should be given free johnnies to reduce the numbers of spongers .

"must not argue, must not argue, must not argue"

Ah but some people on regular meds pay a sort of season ticket, works out cheaper.

And then the people on benefits :yp: get them free as do the elderly (and the Scots and Welsh)

Yeah true my mum,sister and niece are diabetic and get free perscriptions , what i was getting at was the people what dont pay or ever pay into the system but still take out :good:

I had a prescription, I went to a chemist on a large council estate on South Oxhey. Gave the girl behind the counter my prescription. She said "do you pay for your prescriptions?" I said "yes". She had to go and ask the Chemist what to do. Never had one before. Even had the cheek to say "you should have just ticked the box like everyone else Nobody checks"

Edited by Vince Green

Same here ,but it's only diabetics on medication that get prescriptions free if you control it by diet you pay.

For anyone needing a few prescriptions the season ticket is well worth looking into, you can get the form from the chemists.

its not everyone on benefits that get them free though its the wrong way around as my wife has incapacity benefit due to a lifelong heart and lung condition but she has to pay for prescriptions so she has a prepayment card to save a few quid,

its weird and wrong how incapacity benefit which is for illness doesnt entitle you to free prescriptions but jobseekers does.

I think they should be free to everyone everywhere.

I'm lucky enough to have never really needed any medication for any illness,

so I'm not really benefiting but it's good to know it's there if needs be.

What disgusts me is that certain drugs for cancer and the like are only made

available to people that live in certain areas of England Scotland or Wales.

If you don't have the right post code, your left to suffer or die.

The whole health system needs an overhaul, but I could say the same about the country.

I have to pay a monthly standing order to my dentist yet I'm still going to have to pay £2500 for a dental implant soon. One bloody tooth :oops:

Swing a tenner my way and I'll have at it with a pair of pliers!

I'll even make you a cup of tea afterwards :good:

I think they should be free to everyone everywhere.

I'm lucky enough to have never really needed any medication for any illness,

so I'm not really benefiting but it's good to know it's there if needs be.

What disgusts me is that certain drugs for cancer and the like are only made

available to people that live in certain areas of England Scotland or Wales.

If you don't have the right post code, your left to suffer or die.

The whole health system needs an overhaul, but I could say the same about the country.

Swing a tenner my way and I'll have at it with a pair of pliers!

I'll even make you a cup of tea afterwards :good:

An implant is a false tooth that is screwed into the jaw bone, not pulled out with pliers :yes:

Still daylight robbery though :oops::angry::no:

Edited by sitsinhedges

Cheers for paying for me mate :good:

I feel a bit of a headache coming on... will get down the doc's on monday and get a prescription for some paracetamol ... its free you know :yes:

Only joking :P:lol:

If only this was a joke! The cost of free prescriptions is around £30million a year in Wales but far too many people will now not pay for any medication. Doctors prescribe even the most mundane medication, asprin etc and its wasting hundreds of thousands a year. We have no need for free prescriptions as only about 30% of all issued were paid for anyway, ie by those able to.

I have to pay a monthly standing order to my dentist yet I'm still going to have to pay £2500 for a dental implant soon. One bloody tooth :oops:

get yourself over to croatia you can get half a dozen implants for that and have a bit of ahol at the same time, just been pricing a trip up for the self same thing

KW

If only this was a joke! The cost of free prescriptions is around £30million a year in Wales but far too many people will now not pay for any medication. Doctors prescribe even the most mundane medication, asprin etc and its wasting hundreds of thousands a year. We have no need for free prescriptions as only about 30% of all issued were paid for anyway, ie by those able to.

My doctor used to be straight up. If it was a painkiller only job he used to tell me to go and buy some own brand jobs from the super market to save rakes on the prescription.