Great White Hunter?

Vipa

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats the funny thing, I have shot or had the chance to shoot, a few of things people list on their wish list but I still miss rabbit shooting, and really look forward to squirrel bashing, or ratting with a terrier :blush:

And hopefully most of us still feel the same fella.Even though my shooting has progressed i still miss the days of sitting in the old fellas car all night with the slugger waiting for a rat coming to the barley bait.

Yeah but how many were at 800 yards? I mean, if you can barely see your quarry with your naked eye then you're doing it all wrong old timer :lol:

All except the bull and the lurches were shot at a few feet . The bull was shot at about 60 yards with my .308 . The veterinary turned up with a captive bolt and a .32 pistol .As soon as he saw the bull was on his feet albeit with a broken leg he said let the stalker shoot it . He didn't want to get to close and I didn't blame him . I shot off the bi-pod and killed him instantly with a shot to the base of the neck .The vet did insist on shooting him again in the head with the .32 pistol ,proberbly to justify his bill .

Harnser .

Thats the funny thing, I have shot or had the chance to shoot, a few of things people list on their wish list but I still miss rabbit shooting, and really look forward to squirrel bashing, or ratting with a terrier :blush:

same here but lamping foxes still gets the adrenalin going more than most things. Though I still have trouble sleeping before a driven day even beaters day :lol:

Though I still have trouble sleeping before a driven day even beaters day :lol:

I have trouble sleeping after beaters days, but for all the wrong reasons!

That reminded me of another type of shooting I enjoyed, some might say the purest.

We walked through a drive on the way back to the vehicles as we did it we flushed some birds and then those same dogs retrieved them.

As a terrier owner you can only dream of having sport like that with a steady dog by your side :blush:

All the UK legal species except:

any grouse

Sika

Goat

Boar

Don't want to shoot a goat, and I do not want to shoot a boar, as I think in many places they are been overshot. Once we have a few thousand and not just a few hundred living wild I will be happy to shoot one (in the right circumstances).

neither do I,dint even know how to turn one on.mind you I know how to shoot boar and many other speices of animals,keep taking the tablets you may get better soon

Nothing wrong with me mate, and your "knowing" is in actual fact opinion... ;)

To be honest I don't go out of my way to shoot stuff, I have no interest in doing the Africa thing.

I have now shot 4 of the 6 deer species, so I wouldn't mind shooting Sika & CWD sometime, but I am not going to pay through the nose to do it.

Seems a lot people who have responded want to shoot Boar, out of curiosity I just wonder what is stopping them?

Simple in my case, never had right equipment nor the finances to. :no::lol:

there must be an insult in there somewhere but i have no idea what your on about

Why do you take everything as an insult? I simply mean your proclamation that you know how to shoot X/Y/Z is an opinion not a fact, no insult just that your method is not automatically the way it should be done by everyone...

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

Why do you take everything as an insult? I simply mean your proclamation that you know how to shoot X/Y/Z is an opinion not a fact, no insult just that your method is not automatically the way it should be done by everyone...

Regards,

Gixer

beacause everytime you post something to me it has an insult in it,and no your wrong its not an opinion its a fact,and where have a I told anyone how things should be done ?? I havnt so again spouting rubbish that just isnt there

beacause everytime you post something to me it has an insult in it,and no your wrong its not an opinion its a fact,and where have a I told anyone how things should be done ?? I havnt so again spouting rubbish that just isnt there

Calm down Ackley and take a chill pill . Just spend a little time on your PC and read some of your posts . You do seem to have the ability to get up peoples noses and raise the hair on members necks . The marquis of queens bury rules do not all ways apply .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

Every year I go on a hunting trip to Namibia and shoot a Gemsbok, my ultimate would to be to hunt down and shoot a buffalo on foot

Namiba is stunning isnt it,Ive been a few times,Buff will be my next trip I think,on foot with a double rifle,now that should get the heart pumping

Calm down Ackley and take a chill pill . Just spend a little time on your PC and read some of your posts . You do seem to have the ability to get up peoples noses and raise the hair on members necks . The marquis of queens bury rules do not all ways apply .

Harnser .

thing is Iam always calm and dont suffer fools,just like you.

you do things your way and I do things mine,neither one of us is right or wrong,just different.but it seems where modern tecniques and equipment comes into play Iam always wrong,strange isnt it

Would love to see the pictures .

Harnser .

wont be for a while yet probably for my 50th

You're paranoid mate...get over yourself :rolleyes: