fishing question

mikky

yes, even if you dug it, stocked it and fed em...the waterboard or whoever wants yor hard erned cash :angry:

imoa only rivers that are stocked should be licenced

but then they would be wild fish?????

thats like saying all pheasants belong to the person that put them down..not where they wander

yes you will need a license.

Anyone over the age of 12 who fishes for salmon, trout or freshwater fish and eels in England and Wales must, by law, have an Environment Agency rod licence.

A rod licence entitles you to use a rod and line to catch fish.

In addition to a rod licence, you will also need to get a permit or 'day ticket' from the local landowner or angling club that has fishing rights over the particular stretch of water you want to fish on.

yes you will need a license.

Anyone over the age of 12 who fishes for salmon, trout or freshwater fish and eels in England and Wales must, by law, have an Environment Agency rod licence.

A rod licence entitles you to use a rod and line to catch fish.

In addition to a rod licence, you will also need to get a permit or 'day ticket' from the local landowner or angling club that has fishing rights over the particular stretch of water you want to fish on.

Not so in Scotland unless you are fishing some of the Solway rivers hijacked by the EA. All you need in the rest of Scotlands rivers and lochs is permission that is a permit to fish.

Blackpowder

dont get me wrong lads..i have bought a rod licence for the last ten years,,,,,what prompted the question is my mate john owns the three lakes on his property,he has stocked the lakes,maintains them.etc...it seems odd that if you have private land ,created your own lakes,stocked them full of fish,,,,,and then you have to pay to catch them..doesnt sound right to me,,

going on line now to order my new licence cos i will be fishing other venues

mikky

Default Environment Agency nets Yorkshire rod licence offenders

Environment Agency bailiffs across Yorkshire netted nearly 700 people who were fishing illegally over the last year.

The team of bailiffs visited hundreds of waters, from Thirsk in the north, to Sheffield in the south between 1 April 2011, and 30 March 2012.

They questioned 6,853 people and reported 697 anglers for fisheries offences. There were 448 successful prosecutions with fines totalling £49,516 and the costs came to £52,101.40

Peter Mischenko, fisheries technical officer for the Environment Agency said: “Our bailiffs routinely patrol still-water fisheries, canals and rivers all over the region, and we will not hesitate to prosecute when an offence has been committed.

“It can cost as little as £27 to buy a rod licence and all of the money goes back into maintaining, improving and protecting our fisheries. Those who choose not to buy a licence are not only breaking the law, but are cheating honest anglers.”

“We are continually looking at new ways to protect our fisheries and working closer than ever with angling clubs to ensure that all laws relating to fisheries are adhered to. If anyone wants any advice regarding this or any other fisheries matters they just need to get in touch.”

All the money the Environment Agency receives from rod licence sales is spent improving fisheries. Essential work such as surveying, disease control, restocking, habitat improvement and commenting on potentially harmful planning applications is carried out by fisheries staff, and some also carry out enforcement work.

who restocks natural ponds?

were was they when 3 ponds got left to grow over to start a nature walk, didnt even net it to take the fish out.

im still awaiting a phone call when 3 barrels of oil was dumped in a fishing pond, it wasnt a fancy carp/match pond so there not bothered..they take your money and give **** all back.

half of the bleeders would ban shooting and hunting just to keep their sport...

how many marched on london :angry:

Edited by washerboy

Remember if convicted of fishing without a licence it will be classed as a wildlife crime and you will not be able to use the general licence for shooting and they will try and hold it against for your fac/sgc.

Can you enlighten me on that, not come across that before?!

Remember if convicted of fishing without a licence it will be classed as a wildlife crime and you will not be able to use the general licence for shooting and they will try and hold it against for your fac/sgc.

Right or wrong, I know not (but it does have a ring of common sense as the same outfit are involved in both) but I bet that has concentrated a few minds!