Parklodge

fuzzypigeon

I just thought I'd start a new thread to see if anybody was interested in heading out on the clays this week or next as I haven't picked my gun up since boxing day.....anyone who fancies going just put up when you fancy going and we can take it from there.

Cheers

Paul

May well see you there then rupert. Well i can say it looks big!. John was saying he had been looking at some of the snap they are going to do and it sound spot on. :good:

lol, your supposed to be shooting not eating fella :hmm:

May well see you there then rupert. Well i can say it looks big!. John was saying he had been looking at some of the snap they are going to do and it sound spot on. :good:

I note only some of the new facility is open to the general shooter,its £450 a year for me and swmbo to access the members lounge

Been for a wander up there this morning with the Mrs and had a good chat with Tom (the owner) and Andrew (coach). Was only a reccy as I didn't have enough time to shoot, but I was very interested to see the new clubhouse on it's opening day all the same.

It's a first class job, I have to say, with a huge investment in the quality of finish throughout. I think Tom and all at Park Lodge should be very proud of it :yes: . The venue definitely needed something like this and I reckon I'll be spending a bit more time up there methinks :oops::good:

I might venture up there for a bang in the morning - we'll see how the rest of the day pans out.

Fuzzy, I take it you're back from Norway, so would be good to meet up again sometime.

Been for a wander up there this morning with the Mrs and had a good chat with Tom (the owner) and Andrew (coach). Was only a reccy as I didn't have enough time to shoot, but I was very interested to see the new clubhouse on it's opening day all the same.

It's a first class job, I have to say, with a huge investment in the quality of finish throughout. I think Tom and all at Park Lodge should be very proud of it :yes: . The venue definitely needed something like this and I reckon I'll be spending a bit more time up there methinks :oops::good:

I might venture up there for a bang in the morning - we'll see how the rest of the day pans out.

Fuzzy, I take it you're back from Norway, so would be good to meet up again sometime.

Are you going in the morn mate

Back at home now,the building is fantastic and very upmarket,stylish certainly the nicest ive ever been to by a country mile.Had a look in the members lounge and although fabulously styled is a bit small with seating for 14 or so,no indication of the bar tariff,that level of membership is not for me as its not really value for money in my view.The coffee shop is ridiculous £9.10 for 4 coffees in tiny little cups,thats the last ill ever buy at that price there.Fancy lock on the gate to the stands with a keypad and nobody giving out the code,we had to make a scorecard from a torn up eley slab as they had none,eye protection is now compulsory.We had an enjoyable time as always but the building didnt contribute to it.

I note only some of the new facility is open to the general shooter,its £450 a year for me and swmbo to access the members lounge

I've long been a supporter of Tom and Park Lodge, but the members fee for access to the members lounge left me speechless. I appreciate the costs involved with such a development,however I can't help feeling they're a little naive in thinking enough of the regulars (myself included) are either willing or capable of paying such a large fee.

I can't honestly imagine anyone joining that wasn't a regular, and I can't see many additional benefits for the regulars that you don't get for the £60 or so it currently costs to join. I hope I'm wrong for Tom and Sharon's sake, having been brave enough to invest a considerable sum of money, but I have visions of the Members lounge being somewhat deserted.

I'll still use it as my local ground as it is a great place to shoot, but I need convincing about parting with anything like £450

I wish them the best as this sport relies on such forward thinking and brave investment.

I've long been a supporter of Tom and Park Lodge, but the members fee for access to the members lounge left me speechless. I appreciate the costs involved with such a development,however I can't help feeling they're a little naive in thinking enough of the regulars (myself included) are either willing or capable of paying such a large fee.

I can't honestly imagine anyone joining that wasn't a regular, and I can't see many additional benefits for the regulars that you don't get for the £60 or so it currently costs to join. I hope I'm wrong for Tom and Sharon's sake, having been brave enough to invest a considerable sum of money, but I have visions of the Members lounge being somewhat deserted.

I'll still use it as my local ground as it is a great place to shoot, but I need convincing about parting with anything like £450

I wish them the best as this sport relies on such forward thinking and brave investment.

I wouldn't pay anything like that for access to any kind of lounge, even one with massive norks on display :sly:

Back at home now,the building is fantastic and very upmarket,stylish certainly the nicest ive ever been to by a country mile.Had a look in the members lounge and although fabulously styled is a bit small with seating for 14 or so,no indication of the bar tariff,that level of membership is not for me as its not really value for money in my view.The coffee shop is ridiculous £9.10 for 4 coffees in tiny little cups,thats the last ill ever buy at that price there.Fancy lock on the gate to the stands with a keypad and nobody giving out the code,we had to make a scorecard from a torn up eley slab as they had none,eye protection is now compulsory.We had an enjoyable time as always but the building didnt contribute to it.

Good to see they have the fundamentals nailed down then. :rolleyes:

its £450 a year for me and swmbo to access the members lounge

:o :o :o :o

Thats only an 'introductory rate for a limited period' according to the website. Ouch. I dont know the ground or its clientele, but I wouldnt pay that for access to an exclusive area even if I had the money spare.

I went yesterday with Rupert and co and echo his thoughts.A couple of staff members could do with a bit of training,while i know its new its should open efficiently.The prices for cafe and shop are steep and why have a bar and terrace which will be not available to the majority.

The club house is a fantastic building and the garden is looking good,that with clays at only 22p it has some positives.

Whether there is enough well heeled shooters willing to pay the membership fee for so little in return,only time will tell.

cheers

Buster

Me and my lad went yesterday and i've got to say the finished building is nothing short of stunning. Andrew of the coaching staff was good enough to give us a tour of the building and its facilities, as well as explaining this is very much a work in progress situation as the grounds themselves as well as the access road are all going to be upgraded over the coming 18 months or so. All in all a fantastic facility well worthy of our support.

As for the criticism of the lack of score cards etc,did anyone think to suggest this minor shortfall to the lady on the front desk,given the amount of money that has been invested i'm sure that any input to sort out these minor niggles from us the customers would be very welcome ,they cant think of everything and at the end of the day this setup has been put in place for us the shooters so lets tell them what we need to improve our enjoyment.

Where else can you get clay shooting in such a great setup for 22p per clay?

Come on lads lets give this new setup a chance before knocking it,yes there are one or two minor teething problems but that was always going to be the case, if you do use this ground and find things not quite right then let them know so they can sort it out.

Edited by Jega

As for the criticism of the lack of score cards etc,did anyone think to suggest this minor shortfall to the lady on the front desk,given the amount of money that has been invested i'm sure that any input to sort out these minor niggles from us the customers would be very welcome ,they cant think of everything and at the end of the day this setup has been put in place for us the shooters so lets tell them what we need to improve our enjoyment.

Where else can you get clay shooting in such a great setup for 22p per clay?

Come on lads lets give this new setup a chance before knocking it,yes there are one or two minor teething problems but that was always going to be the case, if you do use this ground and find things not quite right then let them know so they can sort it out.

Since when do you have to suggest to a clay ground that they have scorecards available for members? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Chard

I called there the other day,and yes the new clubhouse does look fantastic,a real credit to Tom :good:

Also with the ground having such a good clubhouse the rest of the facilities need to be up to scratch,the practice targets are hardly ever changed and the whole place just looks like a tip.

The cost to get the whole place planted up will be small in comparison to the recent building work and will make such a difference to the whole ground :good:

With the right ground manager in place,who knows his stuff the shooting experience would be a whole lot better :good: :good:

Azzurri

Since when do you have to suggest to a clay ground that they have scorecards available for members? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since they obviously overlooked, it and whining about it on here is highly unlikely to get it sorted.O.K. ?

Edited by Jega