Dirty little toe rags….

The Essex Hunter

I guess in the next school holidays they will leave more of there **** on the farm!

There were 3 lads heading in that direction the other day, I heard them coming across the field behind me and wandered down the other side of the hedge to meet them!

So off they went, with a reminder not to come back :D

post-23668-0-63465700-1339486336.jpg

TEH

its a shame and i have lost count of the times i have seen macdonnalds rubbish come out windows of moving cars driven by young folk I always thought the younger people where fairly switched on to there enviroment but i guess i was wrong :angry:

its a shame and i have lost count of the times i have seen macdonnalds rubbish come out windows of moving cars driven by young folk I always thought the younger people where fairly switched on to there enviroment but i guess i was wrong :angry:

Sorry to say, very wrong. Next time that you're down in the west country, walk along to the end of Exmouth sea front first thing in the morning. It's dead easy to see which take aways are open at night. Mind you, be careful - leave the dog in the car, you don't want to have its pads all cut up by the broken bottles.

I hate finding rubbish. I was sea fishing last week, I was arriving as others were leaving, a scouse bloke and his wife and kids. When I got to the mark they had left all the packets and rubbish from their newly bought tackle on the rocks. :/ Those kids will think it's normal and do the same.

It's teribly disrespectful to the countryside but unfortunately that is the was that society is going these days. As shooters we are "custodians of the land" and we can lead by example, not that it does much good, but at least it shows that we respect our countryside. If I am out shooting, especially with friends, even up at the quarry, I always make a point of asking the shooters to make sure that they pick up every empty "case" that they have fired along with any litter that they might have dropped. To do otherwise (In my opinion) would be totally disrespectful to the landowner who has been good enough to allow us the priveledge of going on his land!

p.s. You can't always blame the "****** or travellers" for this sort of behavious, the "townies" are often just as bad! :yes:

I'm not defending anyone but it isn't only young folk. I see plenty of stuff chucked out of vehicles by all ages and especially from trade vehicles. Behind a new-ish Volvo 4x4 at a roundabout the other day - two coffee cups straight out of the window - and the occupants were easily in their 40's. A pity more "older" folks don't set an example.

Near me there are plenty of army ranges and training grounds. Plenty of woodland and quite often you will come across teams of squaddies in the woods. What amazes me as that when they leave there's rubbish everywhere, crisp bags, kit-kat wrappers, foil drink sacs etc. So much for covert ops.

I often think of the Serbs secreted in the forests in the film Black Hawk Down, and how easy it would be track downed military personnel with all those "breadcrumbs".

Then you have dog walkers leaving parcels of poop hanging on branches.

Its not always kids, the weekend caravan brigade are quick to leave their Tesco carrier bags full of rubbish (and dirty nappies), in the hedgerows on their way home.

There is also the irony of the environmentally aware cyclists, that scatter their empty plastic drinks bottles everywhere. :angry:

It's mostly kids round our way. I live near a secondary school and when it's term time the place is like a litter bin. I've gone over and handed rubbish back to them when I've seen them drop it, usually you get attitude and expletives. The parents probably are little better.

I wouldn't have dreamed of throwing litter down when I was growing up as it would have likely resulted in a belt round the ear from any passing adult. Often I consider whether the fear of getting a clump in halcyon days was a better model for social responsibility than any present day reespeck, nuff said innit.

I am a pensioner, so perhaps I can have a Meldrew moment.

Walking my dogs the other day I was behind a young woman who proceeded to scoop her poop and then she left the bag by a stile.

Now me being ever helpful I picked it up, caught up with her and apologised that she had accidentally dropped her bag of poo.

You should have seen the shock on her face! She paused, thought for a moment and then said, **** off.

Such a nice lady, I love it when they talk dirty, do you think a smack in the mouth would have been inappropriate????

That always astonishes me, they make the effort to actually clean up after their dog, and then just fling the bag into a bush or over a hedge etc... :hmm:

I can't, for the life of me, figure that one. There are several bushes round this way that bear the plastic wrapped 'strange fruit'. Why? Why??? If you're not going to go to the effort of putting it in a bin just leave it rather than wrapping it in some pvc for posterity.

People are bloody weird.

As part of my job i have to do litter picks in Woodland Trust sites around the south west...You wouldn't believe the amount we pick up..We have an Iveco tipper which we fill with bin bags,mattress,s bikes,rubble etc..you name they dump it.....Plymouth is shocking for it...Its disgusting..Bin bags with individual bags of dog **** in them..WHY....WHY bother to pick it up,put it in a bag,then in a bin bag..then dump it.. GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Its not always kids, the weekend caravan brigade are quick to leave their Tesco carrier bags full of rubbish (and dirty nappies), in the hedgerows on their way home.

There is also the irony of the environmentally aware cyclists, that scatter their empty plastic drinks bottles everywhere. :angry:

I am a caravanner and that could not be further from the truth in my case, and if I ever saw a fellow caravanner acting in such a disgusting way I would confront them. I place my rubbish in the bins provided, I put my bottles and cans in the relevant bins if provided, if not I take them home. Upon leaving a site I drive my outfit forward by 20 yards, stop and go back to make sure I've left nothing but wheel tracks behind.

I'm a countryman born and bred and I'm sick and tired, disgusted to be honest by modern attitudes, I'm some ten miles away from fast food and take away shops but still I find rubbish on the road, roadside and in dykes each morning whilst walking my dog, why can not these vandals, and that's all they are, take their rubbish home and put it in their own bin or dispose of it in a litter box somewhere.

Rant over, I'm by no means a saint but I do take my caravanning seriously, it's a bit like the countryside code, 'take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints'

I think McDonalds is the worst thing that ever happened to the British countryside. Mostly all the accupants of a car neatly place all the McDonnalds rubbish in one plastic bag and then heave the lot out of the window.

The rats and foxes must love it.

I wonder, do rats and foxes get indigestion?

Perhaps it shopuld be compulsory for each McDonalds to contain 5% Rennie.

Edited by fern01

I hate finding rubbish. I was sea fishing last week, I was arriving as others were leaving, a scouse bloke and his wife and kids. When I got to the mark they had left all the packets and rubbish from their newly bought tackle on the rocks. :/ Those kids will think it's normal and do the same.

I trust you said something then .........

There is a simple answer to all this, but a lot won't like it. Make all fast food sales use wrapping with their logo on, then let the councils clear the rubbish and bill the fast food suppliers per item of rubbish.

How the fast food suppliers get round the problem is nothing to do with us, they make the profit so they can fund the litter clearance.

Councils make a profit and we pay less council tax. :good:

I guess in the next school holidays they will leave more of there **** on the farm!

There were 3 lads heading in that direction the other day, I heard them coming across the field behind me and wandered down the other side of the hedge to meet them!

So off they went, with a reminder not to come back :D

TEH

Did they leave any... ahem!.... literature? :lol:

Some of my favourite fishing marks are ruined by litter from the hoards that flock to the south east. They leave gas bottles, beer cans, knackered tents / chairs, baited hooks etc. It's a disgrace and puts the sport in a bad light. I feel ashamed rocking up at the beach with my gear when the twitchers are there. As far as they are concerned we are all one of the same. :no:

Edited by ack-ack

Sadly no, by the time I had got down to the rocks with my son ( he's disabled and struggles on steep paths ) they were long gone.

And if you had said something you would have got a load of verbal abuse, your car damaged or worse. The sort of folk that don't give a damn about littering tend not to care much about the rest of society and would probably think nothing of giving you a slap.

It's all very well standing up for what you believe in but sadly it's just not worth it. If its just kids its not so bad. During the holidays the kids from the holiday camp fish in the dyke in front of my house and leave loads of litter. I go and see what they've been catching and give them maggots etc but the trade off is they mustn't make a mess. After a few days they generally keep the place tidy. With adults I wouldn't even bother.

Edited by ack-ack