The Motorcycle

Jim Sarakun

In this fabulous summer we are experiencing, commuting to work on the bike seemed imperative. The ride was fantastic, so good in fact I couldn't stop and ended up at the coast where I had an ice cream and fish and chips, in that order. The days job was lost, I earn't nowt and got into trouble from the employer. Do other PW. members have these totally uncontrollable, irresponsible moments, which do nothing for the economy, from a tax paying point of view. Please share them... I hate these droughts..... so much rain...

Remember the day 30+ yrs ago, I couldn't face the **** office job so called in saying I had broken down & spent the day on Westgate Road when there were 13 bike shops in 1/4 mile there. Happy days indeed.

I remember spending half my childhood on the hill looking at bikes - especially Saturdays when the loons would wheely from one end to the other - the smell of 2 stroke and a bag of chips, oh happy days. :good:

This is where i spent every sunday when i had bikes..(only tiddlers).Matlock bath..Its still the same now when the weathers nice.....Used to dream about owning a bigger bike...

I ended up with a Moto Guzzi V65 lario.. :good: :good:

(photo pinched from t'interweb)

12042009650.jpg

Yep, done that a few times, I've been to Matlock Bath times many and used to be a despatch rider as well! :D

Got knocked off my restored GPZ900R nearly 3 years ago, gave them up, but just last month I bought a 1976 XS650 from the USA, been restoring it nearly every day, problem being self employed is no-one makes me go and earn wages! :lol:

Spent a FORTUNE on it, can't wait to get on the road again :good:

Used to love my bikes and loved a nice ride out over the moors.

Saw a chap today on Shields Road come a cropper on his Honda Spacey. I was just commenting to my GF that it sounded a bit rough so when He pulled away from the junction I watched with interest! I saw him gain speed then saw a blue mx5 pull out from behind another vehicle into his path. Poor ****** didn't stand a chance. He swerved to Avoid Her but She kept going and they made contact sending him rolling down the road and his bike sliding into the railings.

Ran over to make sure he was OK and told him to lay still n keep his lid on till the Paramedics arrived. The lady driver didn't even bother her *** to.come and ask if He was ok. She just sat in her car for the duration talking and laughing with members of the public.

When asked what happened She said I didn't hit HIM! He hit ME :o

Her attitude stunk as much as her snide gucci perfume <.<

Paramedics got.him onto a spine board and carted the poor ****** off. I gave him My number as I saw everything.

Just be careful out there. Could easily have been Me :no:

spent my younger days riding the bikes, had a a fair few from a Raleigh runabout and royal enfield model G (1948) to a laverda jota (thing tried to kill me) with a LOT in between finished with a BMW RS100 (must scan some old pics and post them one day.

must admit to getting a pang for one again, and to do another trip to the TT perhaps a buell is on the cards :hmm:

KW

spent my younger days riding the bikes, had a a fair few from a Raleigh runabout and royal enfield model G (1948) to a laverda jota (thing tried to kill me) with a LOT in between finished with a BMW RS100 (must scan some old pics and post them one day.

must admit to getting a pang for one again, and to do another trip to the TT perhaps a buell is on the cards :hmm:

KW

raliegh runabout was my first bike! at the tender age of 8 :lol:

This is where i spent every sunday when i had bikes..(only tiddlers).Matlock bath..Its still the same now when the weathers nice.....Used to dream about owning a bigger bike...

I ended up with a Moto Guzzi V65 lario.. :good: :good:

(photo pinched from t'interweb)

12042009650.jpg

spent many a sunday and a lot of evenings there smig,from being 16 ridding my ts50 right through ridding my gsxr 1100 streetfighter.trouble is bikes lead to reckless behavour! i'm happy to plod along at 55mph in my land rover.......................but if i'mm let loose on a bike i feel a great need to do double that,and more.thats why i've given up the bikes :cry1: