Memory foam mattress

njc110381

We have a 2" topper on our mattress and it's very good. As said before, it takes a bit of getting used to but aside from that I would certainly recommend it for a good nghts sleep and aching back, etc. Unlike Ack-ack's saline stained one (which probably looks like a chalk outline of a murder victim) ours seems to be very tolerant of body temperature, and Mrs H can sweat in the night (don't tell her I told you that). By the way Ack-ack, are you sure that was spare bedroom and not the airing cupboard you got sent to sleep in? :lol:

We have pocket sprung and memory foam mattress which I think is far better than a solid foam mattress on our spare bed. It does get very warm and sweaty to sleep on but very comfy otherwise. I reckon anything less than firm is a possible mistake as well, the foam feels really soft but the firmer pocket springs underneath make it very supporting.

Re your prob about not being able to get double sprung mattress around bends on stairs - have you considered two single mattresses that can be zipped together? I realise that depending on the bends involved singles might be as tricky as doubles but if you can it's absolutely the dogs dangly bits as far as I am concerned. Wife can move around all night without you knowing about it (and vice versa) produces king size / super king size bed as well - hidden costs if you don't have king size already is a bunch of new bedding!!!

Hello mate, the wife and I just had a temper mattress made from dreams, it cost just under 3.5k but it is 7ft wide and 6ft9 long, I hurt my back after too many years of playing rugby and since getting it have slept like a baby, they do cost but what price do you put on a good nights sleep, we also have a very tight turn at the bottom of are stairs but the lads that delivered it got it round and up, they are alot heavier then normal mattresses so remember that if moving it yourself.

Hope this helps

Arrr... the good old days. Reading this thread has brought back many happy days over 50 years ago!

Me & my mates loved cycling 'up the woods' at 4am with the frying pan & breakfast, light a fire cook & listen to the dawn-co-ruse.

We were all avid bird egg collectors , rarest being the red backed shrike. In the spring we usually got a slow worm as a pet for the summer, i think i be shot now.

We lived near Bovington Air field-Herts & in the woods around we got to hear of planes that didn't make it back great finding wreckage & live ammo, even sneaked onto the runway when they were filming 'The Battle Of Britain' to look at the dummy spits & hurricanes.

I admit to being a train spotter as well (only when i was a kid)& spent many hours at Hemel Hempstead station, we got a ride on the foot-plate of a steamer for 1/2hour while they shunted round the yard.

Late 50's my neighbours took me shooting to the Ouse Washes for the first time, where i now live, you could shoot miles of bank for free long before the RSPB was invented!

We used to drive 70miles & get there before dark. The 'punt-gunners' were ready to go, we would help them cut elderberry to lay on the punt as camo.

The rafts of ducks in those days were massif & the gunners got in among them then fired, more often than not they end up in the water till there mate rowed out.

This was our moment as the duck were every where & we ended up with half a dozen or so, not by me as i was scared stiff of his 12b hammer gun. I took a few year before i got a .410. On one of our outings we sore crows mobbing an otter, so we ran 1/2mile along the bank came up & it had gone! The only wild otter i v'e seen in my life!

My first duck was an island on the Deben on an evening flight, we boated out & my mate on one side me on the other. A teal whipped past at dark i swung tho with the .410 & down it came, my first & this i was going to get so run after it, got it & sunk up to my waist in mud. I then laid on my back wriggled & pushed & got out on my back, well chuffed at my first.

We did a lot of 'after hours' shooting on local ponds & lakes that were close to the railway. This was because we drove the duck off when a train when past this muffled the gunshot. This put meat on the table in those hard days on a council estate.

Happy days fenman99

Great post Fenman but wheres the bit about the memory foam mattress? Come, on we're all gagging :lol::lol:

Sorry wrong section

I know, sorry mate, couldn't resist