price of rabbit

i asked a local butcher to me what he would give me for ferreted or rifle shot rabbits, he said 1 quid with skin or 1.50 without :oops: he then sells them all day long at 6.50 :huh:

you dont need more than one guess what i told him to do with his 1 quid... :hmm::P

i asked a local butcher to me what he would give me for ferreted or rifle shot rabbits, he said 1 quid with skin or 1.50 without :oops: he then sells them all day long at 6.50 :huh:

you dont need more than one guess what i told him to do with his 1 quid... :hmm::P

What £6 50p for a rabbit from the butcher :o work it per lb :crazy:

my butcher gives me £1 for head shot gutted rabbits. he sells them for £4.00. i'm happy with that we all have to make a living and it helps to keep the local butcher in business. my rabbits are shot with airgun so my profit is ok too and it saves the rabbits been chucked on the muckheap. :good:

i use to get a £1.00 each 20 years ago now i sell them £2.00 each cleaned the local butcher sells them £4.00 each it`s funny how the same people will pay £4.00 for them at the butchers but wont give to us

Edited by wboulter

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering . . .

Does the butcher do anything more to them before selling them on?

A bit more cleaning and tidying, a rinse in the sink?

Does the butcher hang them for a few days or fillet them?

Or does he just take them from you and put them straight in front of the customer?

I’d guess that the butcher would need to add on his profit margin and some VAT (assuming it’s on the books).

Buying prices aint changed much in the last 25yrs, how many things can you say that about? i thought game was becoming more popular with the general public :hmm:

In areas over run with bunnies and few local buyers expect to get little for them, but i still think that its wrong to let them rot were shot

Neither are game he does not need a licence .

Funny you should say that as I did wonder about that and did plan (but haven't got round to it yet) of looking it up.

Hmm.

Just done a quick google and it seems his info is well out of date!

Edited by Thunderbird