Fill in the English Channel

four-wheel-drive

I have often thought that it would be a good idea to fill in the Channel so that we could just drive across and also what would doing this do to our weather I have gust seen this and found it to be most informative.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73636-fill-in-the-english-channel/

Unlike a lot of you I do not live in some sort of dream world where we British still rule the world and feel superior to the rest of Europe but I expect the usual rants from people with brans the size of peas rather than giving sensible replies.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I have often thought that it would be a good idea to fill in the Channel so that we could just drive across and also what would doing this do to our weather I have gust seen this and found it to be most informative.

Unlike a lot of you I do not live in some sort of dream world where we British still rule the world and feel superior to the rest of Europe but I expect the usual rants from people with brans the size of peas rather than giving sensible replies.

Wot :o :o And let more *********** into the country and give them homes and money wot a good idea

Apparently it used to be a great marshy plain, they have found Mammoth tusks/ Lion bones etc etc in the fishing nets from the channel, official name has been given by the archaeologists- 'Doggerland' (puts up umbrella for the comments to come :lol: ) (good old Wiki :oops: )

Edited by Bloke

Apparently it used to be a great marshy plain, they have found Mammoth tusks/ Lion bones etc etc in the fishing nets from the channel, official name has been given by the archaeologists- 'Doggerland' (puts up umbrella for the comments to come :lol: ) (good old Wiki :oops: )

Doggerland? Reminds me of a marshy plain I know :hmm::lol:

Great idea, we could move Scotland down and dump it in the channel, it's far too Northerly and mountainous to be much use where it is now. The Scots would have somewhere warm and flat to live, and we could give them all jobs as border guards thus solving their unemployment problems too.

It's a win-win-win situation.

To be honest about it I was thinking more about the benefits to our climate of not having all of that cold water going all around our country some people seem to think that we would be much wormer.

As for more foreign people coming in to this country we seem to do little to stop them when we live in an island they just seem to walk of the plain or boats without being stopped so what makes you think that if they could just walk across things would be any different.

If you don't like it why not just move then those of us who are happy with the way things are can just get on with life?

Fill in the channel?? :o

What and lose The White Cliffs of Dover, Dungeness, Walland Marsh, Beachy Head, Selsey Bill, Chichester Harbour, The Isle of Wight, Southampton docks, Poole Harbour, The Isle of Purbeck, Portland Bill, The Channel Islands, Chesil Beach, Lyme Bay, Dawlish Warren, Start Point, Plymouth Sound, Looe, Fowey, St Austell Bay, Veryan Bay, Carrick Roads, Lizard Point, Mounts Bay, Land's End and the Isles of Scilly? :o :o :o

Just so you can get to the shops in Calais without getting out of the car?

Dear God man, how much of your own country have you seen? There's more to being an Island than politics or convenience. Read your Shakespeare, leave your car and get out more. And no more of this treason. :no:

Edited by Gimlet

Fill in the channel?? :o

What and loose The White Cliffs of Dover, Dungeness, Walland Marsh, Beachy Head, Selsey Bill, Chichester Harbour, The Isle of Wight, Southampton docks, Poole Harbour, The Isle of Purbeck, Portland Bill, The Channel Islands, Chesil Beach, Lyme Bay, Dawlish Warren, Start Point, Plymouth Sound, Looe, Fowey, St Austell Bay, Veryan Bay, Carrick Roads, Lizard Point, Mounts Bay, Land's End and the Isles of Scilly? :o :o :o

Just so you can get to the shops in Calais without getting out of the car?

Dear God man, how much of your own country have you seen? There's more to being an Island than politics or convenience. Read your Shakespeare, leave your car and get out more. And no more of this treason. :no:

Well said that man! :good: :good:

I'm more in favour of errecting a 200ft sign saying "GO AWAY" or words to that effect on the cliffs at Dover

I think that it is a bit late to do that there are more people living hear from other countries than us British/English

As I said at the start it was a waist of time trying to have a sensible discussion about the climate and what would be the effect of diverting the channel around the other side but I should not of expected better.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I think that it is a bit late to do that there are more people living hear from other countries than us British/English

As I said at the start it was a waist of time trying to have a sensible discussion about the climate and what would be the effect of diverting the channel around the other side but I should not of expected better.

It's not impossible to send a few back you know....its only trendy pc lefty rubbish that's stopping it.....and that includes that sheep in wolves clothing Cameron.