Chatsworth

otherwayup

If you need to ask the question if it is or is not a rip off then do not attend the game fairs until they want people on normal incomes attending . Far too expensive in this economic climate and will put off people potentially interested in field sports .

Hi, Chatsworth is a good country fayre, it is not a game fayre , if you get away from the shopping and explore the working dogs , fly casting , fantastic clay line , the atmosphere is great and what a setting , its £36 for two with advance ticket discount ,children upto 14 go free , go for it and explore the whole site , p.m sent , remy 700 oh and the red arrows do a display and thats FAB , check the website for the days they are on and timings , cheers :good:

i live local and i dont attend .last time i went it was a gloryf ied car boot.. save your hard earned and treat your self to the midland..

your spot on there,think its 2 years or so since i went to chatsworth.20 years ago it was a proper game fair but its steadly gone down hill,are best local game fair is catton.i'll be at the midland,even though it is over priced!

I'm going ,there's going to be some top class catapult shooting on sunday ! British championship,with the reigning champion Jonesy defending against last years runner up Mark, game keeper John Web ,and three top notch shooters that are coming up from Bristol and Southampton,

There's also the stalls selling gear like Paul Hart (pigeon shooter) top bloke , the gundog events are good to watch, and the clay shooting has something for everyone to try !

What with the other game fairs being washed out who knows there could be some bargins to be had ?

DD

tribal outing the 4 grandchucks r 12 10 8 n 4 so no fee yehaa ,son in law can clay shoot without dirtying mine n the kids will probably have some windows to pay for if theres catapults looking forward to it .its a country show not a game , n yes catton hall was bonser but still think its gonna be good

Hi update , i am there now and its going more car boot than country ,but its a nice show very clean under foot suprisingly , do NOT expect a game fayre , some shooting stands that were here last year are not here , not one bargain spotted so far , weather and setting superb , cheers remy 700

Hi update , i am there now and its going more car boot than country ,but its a nice show very clean under foot suprisingly , do NOT expect a game fayre , some shooting stands that were here last year are not here , not one bargain spotted so far , weather and setting superb , cheers remy 700

thats a shame mate , i remember chatsworth from years ago ,used to be a brill country show , now days its gone a bit chavy.

We ended up going to the Hope Agricultural Show (family ticket was £18+£1 for show guide).

Best walk of the week was up to Edale Moor past Ringing Roger. Shoot date signs up near the heather on Golden Clough.

I don't suppose any of you guys are lucky enough to shoot on the heather up there?

A very tough layout on the clays today. Lots of rangy stuff,i'm afraid i only managed a 26/50, but that was my fault for trying to cram too much into one weekend. 6 and a half hours driving there and back to shoot the British (3 and a half hours to shoot it) on Saturday and then 2 and a half hours drive down to Chatsworth and back on Sunday is not a good idea for this old buzzard... I'm knackered ... ..from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway