Weedkiller

Supersonic

Neither Grazon or Roundup (or any other formulations of it) will prevent weeds from coming back. They have no residual properties.

To the best of my knowledge, Headland is a company name rather than a specific chemical product. Just asking for Headland won't get you very far, it could likely get you an insecticide as a herbicide.

Edited by 39TDS

Neither Grazon or Roundup (or any other formulations of it) will prevent weeds from coming back. They have no residual properties.

To the best of my knowledge, Headland is a company name rather than a specific chemical product. Just asking for Headland won't get you very far, it could likely get you an insecticide as a herbicide.

wrong,wrong, wrong google headland and you will find it. its a selective herbicide. i know cause i use it to kill hogweed, dockens, nettles and thistles.

wrong,wrong, wrong google headland and you will find it. its a selective herbicide. i know cause i use it to kill hogweed, dockens, nettles and thistles.

I googled it to check before I posted.

You Google it and post the link when you find it. I have a sneaky feeling it is you that is wrong wrong wrong.

ps. I am a farmer and do know a bit about such things ;) Of course that doesn't mean I am always right.

Anyway, besides all that.

Try going to a decent garden centre and asking for a sodium chlorate replacement. You can't get sodium chlorate any more but there is a replacement.

Never actually tried it myself but it should kill all the weeds and also prevent them coming back. Downside with sodium chlorate was it could wash around a bit and kill the edge of your lawn etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the new stuff did the same.

Roundup will kill the weeds, you just have to keep doing it. Needs doing a lot less from now until spring as plants are winding down for the winter in general.

Word of warning don't go messing about with it. Farmer friend of mine mixed a cocktail to do a better job. Went out with a backpack sprayer. Following day he couldn't get out of bed. rushed to hospital and subsequently died. Not worth messing about. :no:

Hi fisheruk, I would very interested to know some more facts about this friend of yours,what was he using and what was the pathologist report. ?

Will it kill grasses?

Dave.

you know and I know it won't, my other halfs parents proudly showed me a container of grazon a while back when I was going to treat their paths. I pointed out it was why it didn't work well on grass weeds :innocent:

In this case this year has been slightly unusual with loads of rain stuff has grown more regularly than usual, if you just roundup weeds as they appear and don't cultivate the surface you do find the numbers of weeds do reduce. Residual killers are becoming less available because of issues with pollution.

In this case this year has been slightly unusual with loads of rain stuff has grown more regularly than usual, if you just roundup weeds as they appear and don't cultivate the surface you do find the numbers of weeds do reduce. Residual killers are becoming less available because of issues with pollution.

I know what you mean I'm having to clip my hedges every couple of weeks poor old hedge cutter doing over time this year. :no: