I have found the perfect knife sharpener

Mungler

Long story short, it's the Warthog V sharp - I just got one off flea bay.

Awesome and awesomely easy to use - 3 swipes and job done.

It's all about the edge.

I thought I would share.... I could have saved a fortune on all sorts of sharpeners and systems.

Review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKpcTyox2fA&feature=related

£39 off the bloke on ebay.

Replacement hones are out there - rough to super shaving fine.

The ones with the kit are for normal domestic cooking sharp, and it is sharp enough alright.

Unless you use it 24/7 they hones should last donkeys. They don't take anything much off the knife or the blade itself - it's all about the edge.

Tell me about it. I can't even be bothered to give it what for on those threads. All been done before.

And voila, that brings me onto my exciting discovery.... the knife sharpener I have always been looking for.

Mung, take it to Croatia and try it out on some of those Pigs, i'll shoot you one or two and you can do a bit of butchery on them. :good:

Bit pricey for me! I can never get a good edge with the blade tech, dont think my hand/eye coordination is up to the job!

I find this one easier to use http://www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk/store/product/6638/Quick-Sharp-Knife-Sharpener/

I think its because its higher so youre not stooping over the edge of a table/ workbench etc.

I've run out of stuff to sharpen.

I did put an edge on one of the butter knives, but it ended up back in the wrong draw, and yes, I got sliced when I went for it.u

LOL, I done the same a while ago. Fortunate my wife came to assist as I thought I was going to end up on thw floor. I've always used a oil stone rather than a sharpener kit.

• 5 months later...