When it suddenly dawns on you that you are old.

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm you need to switch progs fella....luv me sky news totty

for me its facing up to the fact i will soon be a grandad and all above board i should mention, as in my son (a man) and his wife a (female lady) expecting a normally produced baby by having marital relations. I realise in this gender bender modern era that’s a bit old fashioned but TBH I am quite proud of them not a gay blessing nor cross dresser in the mix (as far as one can tell)

Edited by pavman

I was telling my governor how I thought those daft auld gimmers that coo and aah their way through farming today need a rocket up them. I then went on to say that Radio 4 was dumbing down. Never thought I'd come out with anything like that before 50.

Edited by ack-ack

Another member of the shift who is under 25 wondering how we coped with just 3 TV channels and not the 900 odd on sky we have now as he grew up with Sky. Also suddenly realising that your old enough to be the father of the 20 year old that has just joined your shift.

I can still remember my Mom handing over the ration books at butchers. - - only two cars in our road and milk delivered by horse and cart - and two people in road taking the accumalators to Post Office for a charged one - if you know what I am talking about you are as old as me.

Dave

I can still remember my Mom handing over the ration books at butchers. - - only two cars in our road and milk delivered by horse and cart - and two people in road taking the accumalators to Post Office for a charged one - if you know what I am talking about you are as old as me.

Dave

Not the ration book but I remember the other 2 :| :| :shifty: