ack-ack redeems himself

ack-ack

Got the call at about 1700 'wanna go goose shooting?'. The bloke in the car behind me vanished in a cloud of black smoke and I was all dressed up and ready to go in the blink of an eye.

We met at the garage and headed off down miles of tracks, did the shakey hands bit and bolted off into the cover. At about 1940 the honking started and I was trembling with anticipation. Two came over from behind right over my head but thought best left as there were a hundred or so on the wheat stubbles about half a mile in front and they were the ones we were waiting for.

When they got up I was shaking like a leaf. It was like a thousand bomber formation. The first flight were shootable but I doubt I would have been able to pick them up so let them by, the next flight came in at about 40 ft, away left crossing right. I went for it when they were about 50 yard out figuring that I'd get another bite of the cherry if I messed up. One folded up! Seemed rude not to have another go and another one came down! The half dozen birds remaining were now going away over the stubbles. Hell why not? Bang!!! Third down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not chuffing believe it. One of them took a while to find but I found them all in the end.

I luuuuurve my old SX2!!!!

Had my first second and third goose ever within 5 seconds of each other. Mojo restored!

Tony and co., top night lads, looking forward to Saturday.

post-28393-0-51659500-1346967198_thumb.jpg

post-28393-0-65105000-1346967218_thumb.jpg

Edited by ack-ack

Got the call at about 1700 'wanna go goose shooting?'. The bloke in the car behind me vanished in a cloud of black smoke and I was all dressed up and ready to go in the blink of an eye.

We met at the garage and headed off down miles of tracks, did the shakey hands bit and bolted off into the cover. At about 1940 the honking started and I was trembling with anticipation. Two came over from behind right over my head but thought best left as there were a hundred or so on the wheat stubbles about half a mile in front and they were the ones we were waiting for.

When they got up I was shaking like a leaf. It was like a thousand bomber formation. The first flight were shootable but I doubt I would have been able to pick them up so let them by, the next flight came in at about 40 ft, away left crossing right. I went for it when they were about 50 yard out figuring that I'd get another bite of the cherry if I messed up. One folded up! Seemed rude not to have another go and another one came down! The half dozen birds remaining were now going away over the stubbles. Hell why not? Bang!!! Third down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not chuffing believe it. One of them took a while to find but I found them all in the end.

I luuuuurve my old SX2!!!!

Had my first second and third goose ever within 5 seconds of each other. Mojo restored!

Tony and co., top night lads, looking forward to Saturday.

Top Darts Rob........

TEH