My New Toy

bakerboy

Absolutely, I'm intrigued how you get on with it Terry the plus points are you have a 3 year warranty on it and they are pushing hard that they have sorted out some of the Chinese issues.

In a nutshell the Chinese have an industry copying popular cars and as mentioned this is remarkably similar to the Isuzu but that is where the similarity stops everything will be manufactured separately. Previous vehicles haven't been great but this seems to have been improved on but 3 years ought to tell whether its a good buy or not and with the warranty you can afford to take a punt on it.

My thoughts exactly. It looks like they have bought the old plans for the Isuzu when it got it's facelift as even the interior was virtually exact but my concern was it may look like the isuzu but does it have the build quality of the isuzu and only time will tell. As you say the chinese are very good at copying other cars but were not all that good at building them. Remember being told years ago that the chinese were very good at 30yrd architecture i.e looks well built and impressive from 30yrds away but come closer and you can see how poor the quality really is.

The chinese do seem to be getting better at building things for the western markets and it will be intresting to see what the Steed is like in two or three years time and if it can take the punishment that most of the current Pick ups take just now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with chinese engineers, they are very rated by those in the know. Remember though being non established its hard to compete at the top end of an established marketplace. If they brought out a pickup of equal or even better quality to say the Toyota not many in the western world would buy one over it- however whatch this space! They are capable and the Japs started out by copying

My thoughts exactly. It looks like they have bought the old plans for the Isuzu when it got it's facelift as even the interior was virtually exact but my concern was it may look like the isuzu but does it have the build quality of the isuzu and only time will tell. As you say the chinese are very good at copying other cars but were not all that good at building them. Remember being told years ago that the chinese were very good at 30yrd architecture i.e looks well built and impressive from 30yrds away but come closer and you can see how poor the quality really is.

The chinese do seem to be getting better at building things for the western markets and it will be intresting to see what the Steed is like in two or three years time and if it can take the punishment that most of the current Pick ups take just now.

They did'nt do to bad with the great wall of china ,did they ?

Harnser .

I have discovered under the rear seat, a space to store 2/3 Shotguns, completely out of sight.

It is not what the space was intended for, but will prove to be very useful.

It may be possible with a little ingenuity (not something that I have much of) that this space could be made even more secure.

Edited by bakerboy

I have discovered under the rear seat, a space to store 2/3 Shotguns, completely out of sight.

It may be possible with a little ingenuity (not something that I have much of) that this space could be made even more secure.

Let me know if you need a hand with the ingenuity!

Got all the tools if you're wanting to do bits to make it secure.

Cos

Yes that would have been a excellent hiding place for the guns Terry , but you have told us all now !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really pleased with the truck. Fuel econmy is very good, it is a comfortable ride. So far so good.

You will see it tomorrow, and if you want you can have a drive.

I have a feeling from some comments made, this could be similar to the Browning,Beretta Hatsan thread but for cars. :lol: