Fishing ,should I ?

officerdibble777

When I was in Walmart buying some cartridges I started looking at the fishing rods.Now it's been a long long time since I cast a rod,but Iv'e got lots of spare time here and thought I might buy a rod and reel and do some fishing on the gulf of Mexico and the local piers .There always seems to be someone fishing around here,and landing some good size fish.So what do you think ? should I give it a go ? I could manage maybe 3 times a week.

Strange coz theres some great fishing in the uk yet many of us pass it over. Does a redfish pull ant harder than a Salmon? Can a speck run harder than our sea run brown? Can you spend the day long trotting or nymphing for grayling when the trees and grass carries a sugar frosting of ice in the winter? tackle bass on shallow reefs wading with plug or fly at the break of light? Can you get out afloat in the English lake district or Scotish loch searching for monster pike?

The fishing there is different, not nessasarily better when its there for the taking daily. But yes you should get out and do it- most certainly!

Strange coz theres some great fishing in the uk yet many of us pass it over. Does a redfish pull ant harder than a Salmon? Can a speck run harder than our sea run brown? Can you spend the day long trotting or nymphing for grayling when the trees and grass carries a sugar frosting of ice in the winter? tackle bass on shallow reefs wading with plug or fly at the break of light? Can you get out afloat in the English lake district or Scotish loch searching for monster pike?

The fishing there is different, not nessasarily better when its there for the taking daily. But yes you should get out and do it- most certainly!

That was quite poetic. I should really find my old fishing gear and get out again...

Kent hit it right on the nose. Get the kit, get fishing and enjoy. :good:

When I was in Walmart buying some cartridges I started looking at the fishing rods.Now it's been a long long time since I cast a rod,but Iv'e got lots of spare time here and thought I might buy a rod and reel and do some fishing on the gulf of Mexico and the local piers .There always seems to be someone fishing around here,and landing some good size fish.So what do you think ? should I give it a go ? I could manage maybe 3 times a week.

Don't waste your money on Walmart prices. Get up to Oldsmar on a Saturday or Sunday & there is a guy on the flea market selling serious quality fishing (sea & fly) tackle at silly prices which (even at $4 per - short - gallon) will easily cover your costs.

Check out http://www.theoldsmarfleamkt.com/ (fishing guy is on Row A to the right of the main entrance).

Great fishing all around you.

Edited by Eyefor

A fortnight ago I went to the Sunshine Coast in Australia for a weekend. Spent my time stood barefoot in the breakers catching exotic looking fish while getting my feet sunburnt.

This weekend I was on Colwyn Bay prom.

Anyone that can compare the two is nuts! :D

And it'll be free in the US as well