now then now then it seems nothings as it seems

storme37

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got told this years ago,thought everybody knew.

Wonder why the program makers have waited till he's died?

All that charity work,guilty conscious maybe?

If I recall I believe a policeman in Leeds told me,think he said he was quite well connected as well.

Maybe that's why the "victims" have waited till now,who knows.

I'm not saying he was the "Yorkshire Gary Glitter" just relaying what I was told a long time ago.

I have no interest in this just thought I would relay what I was told,whether it's true or false is another matter.

Easy now the man can`t defend himself.

+1 :good: its digusting the levels some people will sink to just to make a few quid!! now he is dead an burried their is no way of proving his innocence/guilt and a few people cna now sell their torrid little stories just to gain noteriety/15 mins of fame and a few quid from the gutter press/media

To be honest, I always thought he was a sex case. So why wasn't any of this brought up when he was alive so he could defend himself? If he WAS a sex case he should have been sentenced while he was living. If he wasn't, he could have cleared his name. Doing it after his death is pointless.

+1 :good: its digusting the levels some people will sink to just to make a few quid!! now he is dead an burried their is no way of proving his innocence/guilt and a few people cna now sell their torrid little stories just to gain noteriety/15 mins of fame and a few quid from the gutter press/media

I think this is a great shame. I'm not saying he didn't do anything, by any means, but now only one side of the story can be put forward how can we ever be certain of anything approaching the truth. If there's a sniff of getting a decent amount in compensation from his estate and with a lot of cajoling from the press (which I know happens), I can imagine things are going to be more than a little exaggerated. I suspect the persons concerned are more than well aware of this, hence waiting until his death to screen this documentary.

The bloke did such a lot for charity and changed the lives of a lot of people, including the elderly and infirm to the terminally ill. If I could ever do half the amount Jimmy did (unpaid and away from public scenes) for the human race then I would die a proud man. I met him a few times (I'm born and raised in Leeds) and thought he was a top bloke. I'd hate to think I was wrong, and as storme37 says, I'd sooner remember him as the great charity fundraiser he was.

I won't be watching the documentary.

i heard them on the radio earlier interviewing his best friend, he said that when the jersey abuse case came about the other year savilles name was brought up in it and he was being smeared with similar allegations. he admited visiting he place and ending up sueing the papers and won the case. I'm affraid its just another pop at him now he is dead and cant defend himself or sue...

BBC news reported earlier that his activities had been reported to, and investigated by, the police, who passed it on to the CPS, who decided that there was no case to answer due to lack of evidence.

I still have my doubts about him though

BBC news reported earlier that his activities had been reported to, and investigated by, the police, who passed it on to the CPS, who decided that there was no case to answer due to lack of evidence.

I still have my doubts about him though

Sadly so will every one else, why wait until the guy is pan bread?

He just struck me as odd - the Louis Theroux interview with him just about scratched the surface.

Not that there's anything odd about being a single man, devoted to your mother and working exclusively in childrens' entertainment.

The scouts, the church and the education system are magnets for certain types. Fact. Sticking the entertainment industry on that list doesn't seem that outrageous.

Listening to Esther Rantzen earlier today on Sky News, the evidence is pretty damming, there's a program coming tomorrow night about it,

"You see, one child's word against the word of a television icon, one who was renowned for raising money for charity, who knew everyone from the Prime Minister to Princess Diana, who was knighted by the Queen and the Pope, I think no single complainant dared speak out before.

"There were always rumours that he behaved very inappropriately, sexually, with children."