Razor blades are we being ripped off

fenboy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try one of these old school double edge fellas. The fusion costs a fortune, only for the wife to use it when I'm not looking.

And don't get me started on velcro.............now there's a rip off!

JF

Try this one mate you can get replacement blades in all the supermarkets all different brands and just take it to bits and clean it each time and the blades last for ages anyway :good:

http://www.boots.com/en/Wilkinson-Sword-Classic-Double-Edge-Razor_29697/

I quit shaving about 8 years ago and just keep a tight stubble with an unguarded beard trimmer. By the sounds of it I have saved a small fortune on razor blades?! :good:

I did that for yonks and then got a job where I had to be snappy everyday so I went looking for the latest two blade technology in tesco's. Chuff my old boots, the heads had more blades than a Brixton youth. I asked the girl stacking shelves where the cheaper ones were and she pointed to the ten-a-bag lady hackers. I made a point of looking all indignant amd said "I'm not shaving my hooflangers with those!!!!!!" and marched off. I left the shop shortly afterwards.

These modern multi-bladed disposable razors are rubbish, they have deliberately blocked off the "vents" at the back so they clog up and the blades themselves blunt very quickly. I have to bang the handles on the side of the sink to clear the stubble out because you can't run a tap through the back any more. I haven't found one that is better than the old style Gillette Blue 2, and even those aren't as good as they used to be.

It's time for me to buy a Safety Razor.

These modern multi-bladed disposable razors are rubbish, they have deliberately blocked off the "vents" at the back so they clog up and the blades themselves blunt very quickly. I have to bang the handles on the side of the sink to clear the stubble out because you can't run a tap through the back any more. I haven't found one that is better than the old style Gillette Blue 2, and even those aren't as good as they used to be.

...................and you could leave your doors open......................................and you could still have cash left for your bus fare home after a night at the pictures for a thruppenappeny farthing bob bit.........................and there was trams...............................................................................................and you could call a shovel a shovel...................................................and gay didn't mean that then neither.............................................................................................

You can if you use the wifes toothbrush on the back at the same time as the tap :good:

Spot on.

The Fusion ones are a bit of a treat in the morning with the vibrating handle bit (fnarrr etc)

Blue 2's are the best value for money

Old fashioned safety razors aren't for the feint hearted and you can end up 'nicking' chunks out of your face especially under your nose.

I did have a razor pit, until the Mrs threw it out thinking it was a bit of packaging

Edited by Mungler

Who has switched from the Gillette Fusion to Gillette Fusion Power? And is there a difference other than the price of the blades?

I'm ordering a Razor Pit, never even heard of them before, but having read up on them I'm keen to give them a go.

Cos

The one with the aaa battery powered handle is that little bit if luxury to treat yourself with in the morning. It really does just glide across the old boat.

My other top tip is shave in the shower - stick in a shaving mirror, get a solid block shaving soap (in a bowel) and a decent brush to lather up.

Mornings aren't my best time of day and ill take anything / anytip to make them less painful

Used to use Oil, but didn't like the way it blocked the blades!

Ordered myself a Razorpit this morning, sound like a good investment! Just £12 delivered from Amazon if anyone's interested

Might treat myself to the powered Fusion as well since you guys are saying it is that much better than the manual one, especially since I bought the Power cartridges by mistake last week :|