diggin worms

P~MX

I've fished for trout all my life using flies I've tied myself but I fancy givin worm fishin ago as our lake is open to it for the last moth of the season, I've no idea where or how to find the right sort of worms and how to get them out of the ground -- any help would be appreciated :good:

Time for Fenboys top tip , if you have a lawn take a large bowl mix in a good amount of washing up liquid and cold water tip bowl over a small area of lawn , within a couple of mins there should be worms coming out of the ground , put the worms in fresh garden soil in a bait tub etc , repeat until you have enough worms , no digging required !!!!

Edited by fenboy

Time for Fenboys top tip , if you have a lawn take a large bowl mix in a good amount of washing up liquid and cold water tip bowl over a small area of lawn , within a couple of mins there should be worms coming out of the ground , put the worms in fresh garden soil in a bait tub etc , repeat until you have enough worms , no digging required !!!!

:good: Best and easiest way mate

go somewhere on a damp night on short grass like a golf course,with an empty bucket,walk quietly with headlamp on,and theres usually thousands of them on the surface.just crawl about till bucket full. put them in some grow bag peat over night to toughen them up a bit.cant fail.

Best and by far easiest for good quality worms is a wet night using the torch. Usually lawns are the best and way easier to get them oot the holes is if the grass is cut short. Grab them as far away from the heed nearest their hole and take your time or they can snap too easily.

Best and by far easiest for good quality worms is a wet night using the torch. Usually lawns are the best and way easier to get them oot the holes is if the grass is cut short. Grab them as far away from the heed nearest their hole and take your time or they can snap too easily.

Best way by far :good: not too bright a torch mind & don't stamp your feet, disnae need to be too wet but dampish helps. Many a nicht I have has the pollis called to see what I was up to :innocent::whistling::lol:

+1 :stupid:

what are you sayin Tam -- should I go out onto the lawn with a torch and I'll see the worms slopin about ? ???

Aye, nothing perverted mind but it's how worms breed & the easiest way to catch them :yes: The folks only called the Rozzers cause they were concerned :blink: the local guys just crept up without making a noise & said - you out picking wurrms again :D

As others have said no digging required, quick reflexes and a head lamp at night will get the best quality worms. Don't drown / poison them with soapy water.

They don't call them night crawlers in the states for no reason. Worms picked this way will last a lot longer if kept in good conditions.

I use wet newspaper, moss and soil and have kept worms for over a fortnight nice plump and healthy. When you touch good worms in a tub they should try and escape quickly and not sluggishly.

Yes i was questioned by the police as to why i was on my hands and knees on a pavement in Cardiff on a wet night :innocent: , there were hundres of cracking lob worms coming up through the cracks in the pavement. Thankfully one of the policemen was a Barbel angler, and knew a good lob worm when he saw one! :good:

LOL

Tight Lines

Aled

I heard the only way you were allowed out the house at night was if you had a torch and a tub and hopper ties a wee label to your jaicket with your address so the nice people can bring you home :innocent:

At least im alood oot :P :P :P & I can dae whit I want - she is on nightshift :D:yahoo: