Peter Lawman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh, I was going to contact him soon about rifle ammo...

I know him quite well and he has my number on his phone but lately I've tried contacting him and just getting nothing, a complete blank.

It really is a pain and just not on for someone who is supposed to be running a business.

"**** or get off the pot", as the old saying goes.

I know him quite well and he has my number on his phone but lately I've tried contacting him and just getting nothing, a complete blank.

It really is a pain and just not on for someone who is supposed to be running a business.

"**** or get off the pot", as the old saying goes.

Well, to be fair that was exactly the reason why he never got my business in the first place. 6 weeks after placing my order with him I had no components and no response to emails or phone calls which is a pretty cr@ppy way to run a business, even if it just an extra paid hobby to him.

I've never had a problem until recently. Now it's just a total blank.

The problem is that I live quite close and getting powder elsewhere is just a pain.

Most of us have the opposite problem, getting powder can be relatively easy but just at stupid prices :|

i had a annie 1417 thumbhole stocked 22lr off him. with 2 ten shot mags. mounts and a cheap scope. plus a mod.

when the rifle turned up the mag and barrel was very dirty. i would at least clean them before selling them.

but to be fair once cleaned the rifle was mint and the price i got the rifle and extras for was a bloody bargain.

he works away all the time from what i can tell ?

its up to the buyer get something cheaper and have the pain of waiting or go else where and pay more but get it asap

i prefer the bargain !

Its where the money is if you can retail online but as you say I don't think there is a way round the regs, be very interesting though whether you could set up in the channel Islands and post expanding ammo even if you only had someone there to fulfill the orders. Powder I guess is more of an issue though I was intrigued that UKmail delivered cartridges to me the other day as I thought it had to be TNT or parcelfarce etc so I guess you may find someone willing to do small quantities of hazardous goods.

It's a shame we can't just buy a barrel of propellant between us and split it.

What about the Lot Number? It Wouldn't be an 'idiot-proof' half-kilo batch but a commercial batch. They can be QUITE different.

The dosages for different lots can be significantly UP or DOWN. Some published recipes that I tested were way over the top.

Only a test gun would determine the correct dosage and reveal the dangers.

Edited by Floating Chamber