FS1E

pavman

thats not a proper FS1E

this is a proper one

fs1e.jpg

buy yourself a restoration jobbie

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7b4f57af

:shaun:

I had one in the same colour when I was 16,but not as nice as that,mine had the obligatory micron,drop handle bars,single seat unit(that some bloke made in a shed) and the pedals removed and replaced with foot pegs(had to bump start it) used to travel to work on it in all weather,until the coroded rear mudguard fell off along with the rear light and indicators :lookaround: oh how I miss that bike.

Edited by jason kaye

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never figured out what the "Ram air" system was for? the earlier ones, and later ones never had them,

the 250 was a twin whereas the 380/550/750 were all triples although only the 750 was watercooled

oooh dunno, I had progressed to the 250 by then which the separate oil tank also,

AP might have been quicker but the FS1E had the easier gearbox....4 straight down...lol...none of this 1 down and 4 up lark

:shaun:

I always thought that was what FS1E stood for Five Speed One Extracted

I may be wrong

Yep, this brings back fond memories, I had a browny red Fizi and my mate had the Suzy AP 50. A few of the guys also had those italian jobbies, I think they were called Malagutti and for mopeds those things didn't half shift. I got my fizi as soon as I left school and then when I was seventeen traded it in for an yellow RD 250 the older air cooled one. Those were the days. :good:

I always thought that was what FS1E stood for Five Speed One Extracted

I may be wrong

yamaha's model FS1 was sold with pedals for the British market. The E stood for England making it the FS1-E.Only the E model had pedals to conform to our moped laws at the time. It was sold elsewhere as FS1.

I had the RD50 but a few mates had the Fizzy, Honda MT5, Suzuki TS 50, and a couple had Aprilia AF1 50. Just like everybody else had a 60cc kit on it with bigger jets, over sized back tyre, racing reeds, skimmed head, micron exhaust, and I tried every combination of sprocket to find the optimum combination, managed to get it doing about 50 on the flat and 62mph down hill balls bent over tank, only down side was at 16 stone it was down to 15-20 going up hill.

Eventually sold it to my cousin but forgot to tell him that the handle bars had been lowered, -the only way to ride it was to ride up to the corner and drop it in to it.

I think he fell off three times on the way home :lol:

I remember one lad had no twist grip on his fizzy, just a throttle cable over handle bars, which he used to have to pull down on to get it to rev! Some nights there would be nearly a dozen of us riding round the town and villages, like a swarm of hairdryers!

Edited by Pheasant Feeder

that brings back memories,i had a dt 50 yam trail bike restricted to 30mph the lads had fizzies and ap50 suzuki,s they blew me off all the time and used to take the mick,but i had the last laugh when i turned 17 and went out and bought a kawazaki KH250 cafe racer with single seat,a truely great bike and quick aswell,,ended up getting rid and buying a Bultaco sherpa 350 off Ken Oxford,the then merseyside cheif const,,had the best of both worlds then,,great trial bike but road legal,,ah god that brings back the memories

The FS1E was after my time - when I were a lad most were on Bantams or Villiers 197's.

In my case it was a Sun 150 (cost all of £10) , followed by a Crusader 250 (£15) - you see in those days we were trusted with a whole 250cc on an L plate.

I did have to flog my old Diana air-rifle to afford the Sun

I had the FS1 SE http://www.motorbikespecs.net/images/Yamaha/FS1_SE_(Chopper)_81-82/FS1_SE_(Chopper)_81-82_1.jpg

I had a RD 50 which I sold to my Brother on the understanding IF he is to sell it I get first refusal. He cooked the engine and rather than get recovery he ditched it and stuck.a match to it :mad:

I have also had the TS 50. Cracking bike. The AP50 I had was modded and would flip if wound on to quick. :D

My FIRST moped was a Honda Express II

Had a CB500

CB 350 SG

GSX 600

ZXR 750