Sgt Mark Andrews gets his job back.

Dirty Harry

It would appear that the vociferous anti police faction are intransigent in their view point.

Sgt Andrews does`nt get the benefit of the doubt .There is no consideration for a moments lack of focus or loss of temper.

By that harsh turn of logic then, our real SAS soldier stays in prison.

I just hope that none of the police bashers made the moral mistake of signing the petition to review the soldiers position. In life,you can`t have it both ways. Whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Is there a way that you can remove your signature from the SAS petition because you must have been morally confused when you signed it.

Not the first time he has lost control though is it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that the vociferous anti police faction are intransigent in their view point.

Sgt Andrews doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt .There is no consideration for a moments lack of focus or loss of temper.

By that harsh turn of logic then, our real SAS soldier stays in prison.

I just hope that none of the police bashers made the moral mistake of signing the petition to review the soldiers position. In life, you can’t have it both ways. What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Is there a way that you can remove your signature from the SAS petition because you must have been morally confused when you signed it.

That doesn't make much sense.

1. the SAS matter is a strict liability offence. End of. It's not fair, it's unfortunate and yes I think the law needs an amendment. I didn't sign the on line petition because they are pointless.

2. Sgt Andrews could have put his hands up early on to an error of Judgment, a mistake or a momentary lapse; if he did I suspect that matters wouldn't have unfolded as they have, there would have been very little adverse publicity and we wouldn't be having this debate. But he didn't.

It's not that difficult and it's not a police bashing thread. Indeed, it's only a police bashing thread in so much that if you consider yourself a serving officer and brother of Sgt Andrews “regardless” and in particular regardless of his actions (and such that you have blind devotion and allegiance to any serving colleague) then every time there is a disgrace to the uniform being discussed and criticised on here, you will naturally take offence and think it personal to you.

2. Sgt Andrews could have put his hands up early on to an error of Judgment, a mistake or a momentary lapse; if he did I suspect that matters wouldn't have unfolded as they have, there would have been very little adverse publicity and we wouldn't be having this debate. But he didn't.

But he is innocent so why would he put his hands up to it?

the key being this bit:-

Mr Justice Bean said after the four-day hearing that he was satisfied Sgt Andrews did not intend to throw Ms Somerville into the cell and that injuries she suffered were probably caused by her falling to the floor after letting go of the door frame.

He presumably had more cctv footage than you see in the released clips and the missing bit is when she goes through the door, presumably he pulled her from holding onto the frame and that isn't the same as throwing her into the cell. Looks from the cctv like he throws her to the floor but when you consider her hanging onto something and releasing her grip it makes sense the speed she went down.

never said i was a copper and if you read the threads and posts on here from me you would know what i do as a job which entails dealing with people like that and worse

And yes i do own guns as you put it. Details are below in my Sig but then again you would have read that aswell

I'm very sorry got you mixed up with someone else (it's my age)

It has taught me a couple of things reading it all again, there is very little middle ground in this debate as there is in life, and hatred is alive and well.

My views have been exhausted so back to shooting matters :shifty:

But he is innocent so why would he put his hands up to it?

No you're right, it's all rosey in that garden.

Who knows why the curfuffle or why he got sacked, prosecuted and convicted.

Obviously the appeal courts have cleared him and that's the end of that.

Like OJ was found not guilty, that's the end of that.

Who knows why the curfuffle or why he got sacked, prosecuted and convicted.

the answer to that lies in the fact the media witch hunt after the well doctored cctv got released meant they had to. It wasn't trial by jury it was by media. Hence he got cleared and has got his job back.

There are some interesting bits though

the transcript of her version very patchy no mention of failure to provide a breath sample

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-11214217

and then lo and behold she does it again and once again fails to provide a breath sample

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Woman-cell-controversy-banned-driving-offence/story-15042338-detail/story.html

you can see where this is going as far as her version of events being reliable

why is this thread still going?

Because the monkeys still want feeding.

I wonder what he's spending his 4 years back pay on?

New Aston Martin?

Pair of Purdys?

Round the world trip as he will have accrued lots of leave he was unable to take?

Maybe he will just pay off his mortgage.

never said i was a copper and if you read the threads and posts on here from me you would know what i do as a job which entails dealing with people like that and worse

And yes i do own guns as you put it. Details are below in my Sig but then again you would have read that aswell

do you get a lot of drunken trouble makers in sainsburys now then chump? wow, their standards have dropped some :lol:

14 pages of cop on cop man love...............REALLY !

It has always been the same on here and probably every other forum,99% of the police defend their "brothers" to the point of ridicule no matter what they have done.

The excuses are the usual "you do not know how hard it is" or "you do not know what we have to put up with" along with "we deal with scum" of course non of which justifys assaulting an old woman who didnt pose any threat to anyone but her self while she was in custody.