single malt

holly

It gets WORSE!!!! You can't spell whisky AND you think I'm a WOMAN!!!!

I hope the cork crumbles in the neck of your next bottle.

Somehow i think this cork won't crumble,and very nice it is as well. :good::D love a bottle of Dura :rolleyes:

img2232ih.jpg

Edited by welsh1

dont care how its spelt its most bestest nectar innit m8.love the taste single malt is the best my old man a jock from lochgelly in fife by the way got me on to em but he was too generous with his wee dram thats why i cant spell :whistling:

Fine place Lochgelly, my dad comes from Lumphinnans just allong the road, and you are right Malt is great stuff. :good:

Ah ha where to start!

From the top Lagavulin 16yo / Talisker 10yo / Laphroaig 10yo / Highland Park 12yo are my 'go to' malts which I always have in the house.

Not overly keen on Speysides/sweet sickly malty whiskys. I prefer a more salty/robust whisky although if it was all thats on offer I wouldn't say no!

Afew others I buy sporadically for a change are Ledaig (no age statement - distilled at Tobermory), Laphroaig Quarter Cask (a few of my friends reckon that Laphroaig 10yo has lost some of its 'attack' over the years. This cures that!), Caol Isla 12yo, G&M Port Ellen (If you can get it), Balvenie 12yo Double Wood (sweet without being sickly), Glenlivet 18yo, Ardbeg 17yo (10yo if you like a bit more punch), Bowmore 15yo or sometimes a Dalwhinnie 15yo. I have a bottle of Aberlour 10yo and a Arran 10yo which I have had for around 5 years. I usually try to get rid when people are over as I can't drink those at all!

jus seen johnnie walker green label also in asda @ £31

http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/johnnie-walker-green-label-15-year-old-whisky/?srh=1 :good:

and for the chap who likes Talisker DE 1999

http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/talisker-1999-amoroso-finish-distillers-edition-whisky/?srh=1 I think T-co are doing it for around the same price too.

Signet is the only whisky I can drink, unless it's cut with Drambuie and slammed into a dirty rusty nail.

Now we're talking... That's one of my regular catchup drinks!

I've got to say I'm not a big fan of Jura or Talisker. I've got a small bottle in the cupboard but I much prefer a nice Glenfidich or Glenmorangie. Dalwhinnie is ok too. I'd like to splash out on a bottle of something good but they vary so much I'm scared to spend too much until I've tried it!

Normally Islay malts for me, but have just discovered Old Pulteney - very drinkable, and on offer in Morrisons at the moment.

Ditto, weirdly OP is one of the few single malts that Lady Seagrave can stand the smell of.

I'm a Bowmore drinker through and through. It's my very favourite.

I got sucked into buying a bottle of Bruichladdie "Laddie Classic" thanks to their fancy-pants mint-green bottles, but it's delicious! Really satisfying with great length and depth of flavour.

*hic!*

LS