What are your pigeon feeding on

zipmiester

bean stubbles up here too. shot birds have crops full of beans for past couple of weeks. now the bean stubbles are getting ploughed and drilled with wheat and there on there., also on beachmast and acorns and hawthorn berries.some birds on rape early morning. they are seldom stuck for a meal at the moment and with little wind are difficult to decoy. hopefully keen frosts and winter weather will get them on the rape soon.

Mostly feeding on acorn's and berries atm, a few freshly drilled fields pull the birds for a few day's but there straight back in the tree's.

agree, the clue is in the name "wood Pigeon" always the same this time of the year.

I don't decoy this time of the year preferring to roost shoot or flight line shoot until they move on to the Rape proper. .

Edited by Actionpigeons

We have several hundred on the rape every morning just outside the village, there have also been a lot on some newly ploughed fields up the road, even before they have been drilled, trouble is once you disturb them they clear off and dont come back for the rest of the day, I tried decoying on some winter wheat but they just flew over really high, I think someone told them I have a big gun, trouble is I cant hit the side of a barn so even if they come in close they probably wont come to any harm. :no:

Edited by lakeside1000