britains deadly gun trade

Mr Rizzini

I saw some of that, i really despise journalism like that. Total sensationalistic nonsense!

It showed a tour round some police firearms armoury thing where they have siezed weapons. Lots of camera shots of semi auto large calibre rifles, row upon row of handguns etc and they quietly mention 'almost all of these guns were owned legally and handed in, however...'

Just the usual **** of bad reporting to stir up emotional responses to a public ignorant of facts.

Banning guns did nothing to stop gun crime, but don't let that get in the way of a good story!

I saw some of that, i really despise journalism like that. Total sensationalistic nonsense!

It showed a tour round some police firearms armoury thing where they have siezed weapons. Lots of camera shots of semi auto large calibre rifles, row upon row of handguns etc and they quietly mention 'almost all of these guns were owned legally and handed in, however...'

Just the usual **** of bad reporting to stir up emotional responses to a public ignorant of facts.

Banning guns did nothing to stop gun crime, but don't let that get in the way of a good story!

Come on Bry mate, calm down !! You know how this will end, with you surprising the City Link driver with your nasal appendage!

I thought it just didn't go anywhere or make any kind of point other than "oo aren't guns scary!". At least it didn't make the usual GCN style horsepoop claim that almost all illegal guns are stolen/misappropriated legal guns. At the same time it also failed to mention that our tight firearms legislation is doing nothing to stop criminals getting their hands on whatever they want - Shock horror(!) <_<

Edited by Breastman

I thought it just didn't go anywhere or make any kind of point other than "oo aren't guns scary!". At least it didn't make the usual GCN style horsepoop claim that almost all illegal guns are stolen/misappropriated legal guns. At the same time it also failed to mention that our tight firearms legislation is doing nothing to stop criminals getting their hands on whatever they want - Shock horror(!) <_<

My thoughts exactly.Poor programme.

The usual rubbish girl shoots the gun and says how shocked she is and what do you expect relatives of people who have been shot to say it the same as people that get run down by cars they say make cars go slower as I see it stuff happens that's it.

The thing that I did not get was they said that one guy was buying guns in the US and bringing them back when he flew back so the airport security will not detect a bag full of guns or could it be a bag full of drugs or a bomb.

Then again they say that people are buying guns on line so I can go on holiday abroad and buy a gun and post it home and the incoming mail dose not get scanned if that is so its completely mad I just do not believe it.

A sawn off Over and under???? Now everyone knows a proper armed robber would only ever use a side by side. Standards are slipping.

Yes because I'm sure it would be easy to smuggle a sawn off in a suitcase into the uk, so that's why I'm saying they must of been license holders guns what would of been stolen,

The Darkweb thing is ********, though firearms have been offered through the major brokers, most of the don't bother selling firearms online as it's frankly far less profitable than selling other, more widely wanted items (i.e drugs), one of the biggest sites even took down there weapons part due to severe under use. Even when they where up finding firearms for sale in the UK was rare, they where mostly being bought legally in another country and offering to send it to you in the post in parts, which is stupid anyhow as it runs a fairly large customs risk. (Let alone getting hold of the ammunation which is another issue all together).

The demand for illegal firearms is really really low, most stolen firearms are found dumped due to there being no demand,.

Edited by Bleeh

I would imagine that the real problem for criminals is ammunition. OK, it's easy to get shotgun cartridges and only a little more difficult to buy sporting rifle rounds. But military ammunition?

So, I'm a big man who's bought a hand gun with ten rounds. Am I going to go wildly loosing them off or make each one count as I know I can't re-stock easily? I imagine that the guns are used more as threats and if they go off it's probably a mistake.

Not, of course, that anyone on this site would know. :innocent:

I watched it to day,it told me nothing new,illegal guns have been coming in from abroad for years,what did surprise me was how some one can smuggle in from the us in his suit case over sixty hand guns,it makes our boarder security a absolute joke :angry:

you don't know a fella stu from wirral that rides a cbr1000?

not to mwntion the fact they are game as a badger to even contemplate smuggling a handgun in.if it was me i`d get caught straight away,never had any luck lol.... on a serious note i blame the foreign gangs which seem to thrive on guns....... put them all on the boat home and i reckon it will sort out the most of gun related crime.....

People buying things on line is just plain stupid its to simple to trace you back I remember some time ago there was some guy that got some bullets over the internet not that many and I do not think they even found a gun but they jailed him just for having some bullets.

The best way to get a gun is with cash through a friend then as long as you put it somewhere safe who can ever prove that you have got it not that I am advocating buying one but to do it over the internet is asking to get caught .

As for shipping them in to the country I would have thought that they would put them in a shipping container or an a truck hidden with lots of other stuff motor parts or something like that and unless customs are told they would probably never find them.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

At least the programme didn't try to blame legal gun owners.

On the subject of gun crime, I believe Israel has a law that all people between a certain age must carry a gun, because of the threat from terrorism, and this country has a lower crime rate than the USA. Could be wrong on that though, so don't quote me on it.

In 1984 the Tory government wanted a fully armed Police force, there was a spike in gun crime and a population that was angry with the government. The Police conference at Harrogate that year rejected the idea.

The same level of anger is running through the population now, I see stories like this and wonder if it is 1984 coming around in more senses than one.

UK does have a gun problem, not enough guns around, too many gun laws.