Help with rip off

jfgpm

Hello,

one year ago I ordered some goods from UK and payed them via paypal in advance.

Because I had no time and the producer promissed me to ship the package I waited more than 45 days (so the paypal wouldn't pay the money back to me).

I was unsuccessfull in calling the person / company, writing mails etc. Always the same lies:

- order had been lost

- package had been lost

- Resend had been done

UNTIL TODAY NEITHER THE ORDER NORE THE MONEY HAS BEEN SENT BACK TO ME

It is enough now !

I would like to get my money back.

What would you recommend me, as a German ?

Taking legal actions ?

Are there encashment companies etc. ?

Would be great if when you can help me on that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a small amount then forget about it and reduce your stress levels. You could name and shame on here but it will have limited impact, if its a large amount then take the legal route but it will cost you and if the company has no money odds on getting funds back are slim

You would probably have to take legal action in Germany, i believe. However, you could find out which council (local government) area the trader was in, and try contacting the Trading Standards department there. That would not cost you anything, and a trader receiving a visit from Trading Standards is likely to get it sorted, just to save themselves getting a detailed inspection

A start would be the company name so everyone else can avoid.

I think the forum admin wouldn't be pleased with that.

If its a small amount then forget about it and reduce your stress levels. You could name and shame on here but it will have limited impact, if its a large amount then take the legal route but it will cost you and if the company has no money odds on getting funds back are slim

All a question of definition:

For me it was a small Billion, in general or legal circumstances it might not worth to be mentioned.

Incredible how easy it is today to cheat people. Just close your company and you are out of duty.

Contact PayPal .... They have resolution options available to you ....

I did and they don't.

After a certain time they do nothing anymore for you. So I can give you the advice to take that in account while ordering your next goods via paypal.

what did you buy ?

Trapping Equipment

You would probably have to take legal action in Germany, i believe. However, you could find out which council (local government) area the trader was in, and try contacting the Trading Standards department there. That would not cost you anything, and a trader receiving a visit from Trading Standards is likely to get it sorted, just to save themselves getting a detailed inspection

Thank you for this idea. It sounds intereseting and I will try it. :-)

If you pay your Paypal account with a credit card then you could contact the credit card company. Much may depend on the law in Germany.

Not paied by CC. Used my bank account and paypal. :-(

But for the futuer I will change it.

Check THL forumsif this is the company you were complaining about a few months ago.

Thank you.