Keep or Sell?

sitsinhedges

I own two Beretta autos, one a 12g 391 Urika Light which weighs 6 1/2 lbs which is my main claying and general roughshooting gun. It's a fantastic piece of kit and I must have put 10,000 shells thru it by now. It is lovely to carry and easy on the shoulder, a great hide gun.

I also own a mint 20gauge 391 Teknys that hardly ever gets used and this is the one I was thinking of selling. It only weighs 6lb and is a great gun to carry around but can still fire decent sized cartridges without a great deal of recoil. I've had some blinding shots with it but logic says that for volume shooting to shoot the cheaper 12gauge. There is still that something extra about the lightness, smaller physical size and pointability of this gun that makes it a pleasure to use but as time goes by and it rarely comes out I'm wondering if I should just sell it and put the money into something else.

What should I do?

hmmm,you could always give it to me till you decide mate...............................................keep it mate if you get rid,youll probably wish you hadn"t...

That's the rub, I know once it's gone I'll never replace it. I don't use it much but it's such a sweet gun when I do.

I'd keep the one you use most, you use it more for a reason.

The 12g has that bit more versatility doesn't it.

I could do with a hide gun a 12g semi auto would be lovey :)a late Christmas present for me maybe ? He he

On a serious note though. If you have had the main 12 g gun for so long as fathfull as it has been, it may be time to retire it to a new home whilst its going strong and will bring a good return.

Maybe then the less used 20 can be brought into the field. And a decision can be made to its fate,

As this may become your go too gun.

If not I am sure it would help towards gun of your choosing

All the best.

Karl

I've got a 391 teknys gold 20 bore and, for me, it's the nicest shooting shotgun I've had. I know it's maybe not as versatile as a twelve, but it just seems nicer somehow, and I've got a few shotguns but I take this one out nearly every time. If I only had two guns it would be this beretta and my anschutz .22 lr.

Keep em both! I have a 20g (S2 Medallist O/U) & a 12g (S1 Mossy Semi), and will have them both for as long as I am able - they are both lovely guns, though somewhat different to each other, but I just like the pointability of the 20, and the hard hitting capability of the 12.

I thought the additional costs of the 20g cartridges might be an issue, but they aren't, well, not yet anyway!

If I had two Berreta's - there is no way in hell I would part with either!!

Keep them both I sold my 301 and have regretted it from day one, if its not in the way then keep it you never know one day you open the cabinet you'll take it out or one day you'll wish you had it

And in any case if you do sell it, you will need to justify the new purchase if and when you need a 20 gauge

Edited by miller86