most memorable shot of the year

TJ91

Looks like a nice old boxlock, what make is it?

Blackpowder

the gun is a midland [birminghan and london] it has been re-blued and the stock oiled but is in good knick for it's age. it is choked at half and full, 30" barrels this pigeon copped no7 out of left barrel full choke.

Probably the last Fox i had last week with my Archer NV at 180 yards.

The Farmer was with me and you should have seen his face!lol.He was very pleased to say the least as he'd never seen NV in action before!

hi bullet boy,

that looks a good night vision set,just a couple of questions if you don`t mind

1 how much is a new archer nv

2do you rate is kit

3what sort of distance is shotable

regards cooooper1

today.

Wykeham Abbey.

first high bird on the high bird drive-whole line observing.

first barrel kill with the 20b.

v.happy chappy

fuddster

Up bedale?

I did a couple weeks work experience with the keeper (matt) up there a few years back before I left school. Some good drives. They put down some serious numbers!

High driven pheasant, missed clean by the gun on my left who had missed nothing else all day. I hammered it as it curled round behind me, 50-55 yards up and as far out. First barrel, had reloaded by the time it hit the ground. And the rest of the line saw it as it was the only bird in the air.

Pest control, then a crow I had been trying to get for some weeks, has his mate a few weeks before but this one having only been a few feet away from his mate exploding was wise. One morning he was in a tree somewhat below me, 17 Hornet at 150 yards really ruined his whole day.

A

My whole day about a week ago, very nearly didnt go, felt ill and it was raining hard.

Everything fell into place.

First stand high curling cock bird first shot, first barrel.

First beat managed to get all the partridge, some wild duck and phesants over the guns. ( its only a small shoot and the partridge normally dont sit long enough for us to direct them and they usually fly off fast and low out the flanks.) so the guns had a really good do which was so nice to see.

Second stand had nothing but never lifted the gun so that was fine,

Next beat found a nice piece of antler ( a long awaited first for me, the land isnt exactly riddled with deer either )

Last stand barely missed a shot and had some really good birds.

Had a really average season prior to that day as ive not been swinging though properly and not getting on to anything very well, which has been frustrating, but this has really rekindled my love for shooting.

With air rifle, has to be a 40 yard rabbit i took, after about an hour of stalking it.. just wasnt happy with taking the shot due to tall grass and the wind kept changing, wasnt long range, but the stalk and the pie two days later made it so good.

After a long morning on a rough shoot at the end of last season it had been a rather fustrating and misrable cold wet day. 4 guns and only 2 phesants down, two crows at a good hight maby 40-50 yds (or more I was told later) flew directly above me so as I had only fired 1 shot I thought what the hell, so it was bum, belly, beak and bang and 1 droped stone dead. The other 3 guns turned to see what I was firing at as there were no phesants about and all commented on it. A bit lucky but it cheered up my day a bit.

I also had a realy great evening flight this season on the ducks on a splash up in Orkney buts that another story all together.

Have a good New Year bash all, I am stuck offshore at work, get home on Thursday and have a walk up planned for Saturday, cant wait. and good luck what ever you plan to shoot next year,

BBL