most memorable shot of the year

TJ91

With 2012 closing up I spent a few hours mooching round with the dog today looking back at my outings this year and remembering some of the amazing sights of nature, the few good days and the fun days even when the bag remained empty. I got thinking about my memorable shot of the year...

I was lucky enough to be invited for a day on a small driven day, 1st drive, middle of the line, 1 high partridge breaks over the brow of the hill, the only bird in the sky, climbing high at a good speed, i was panicking, all eyes on me, the nerves kicked in as it made a line straight towards me.

Before I knew it he was high up above me, up went the gun and within seconds there was a thud a good way behind as it hit the ground,.

I think that shot will stay with me for a long time. It was most definatly the highest fastest partridge I have ever shot.

What was yours?

mine was a 130 yard Maggy with the .222 was sat waiting for a fox and a Maggi came and landed on the field... he was just over a little bump in the ground so bi pod was no good .so up on my knee and there he was.. lined up the cross here and squeezed the trigger and let loose the 50gr and this was the result

post-23587-0-95953000-1356774907_thumb.jpg

Edited by fruitloop

MIne has to be my last stalk for my DSC2, we had spotted two fallow does on the wood edge from the track and pulled up. I readied myself for a long difficult stalk as there were four large fields and many gateways to a decent shooting position. As the assessor shut his discovery door the horn went off and that was just the start of it. He managed to stumble and fall over just about everything as we crawled our way through blackthorn hedges and across open gateways. Eventually I crawled through the last thick hedge and was pleasantly surprise, not only to see the deer were still happily feeding but now there were about twenty of them. My assessor was by my side with a bunch of stingers stuck in his face trying hard not to show the obvious discomfort. I select the doe I would shoot and it dropped text book style.