best cartridge for foxs

sheffield shooter

whatever is in the gun at the time, adjust the range to suit but most of mine are shot under 30 yards when anything pretty much does the job.

Got to agree with al4x on that one, but like he says you need to keep the range sensible and within reason!

Given the choice if I am out specifically for fox with my shotgun (I prefer to use the .243 but sometimes "needs dictate") I use Alphamax Magnums loaded with 45g of BBs, (I always carry hald a dozen with me on an elasticated holder fitted on the but of the shotgun) and they don't normally get up from them - But again, only within sensible shotgun ranges!

• 1 month later...

Knocks them down at good distance shotgun 20 -30 yards Howa 308 200 plus yards that the difference

I understand that, not all land is suited for a howa 308. I shoot foxes with a shotgun in blaming season on a small patch of grazing land sandwiched between a school playing field and some very posh bungalows.

Had 5 of there last year in a short space of time including a double. A shotgun is tolerated and it is only shot in lambing season. A rifle has no place there.

Karpman