Gun related accidents.

hedd-wyn

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knocking conkers out of a tree when knee high to a grasshopper, women turned us in to the farmer, came with a loaded 12 bore, let fly at us 2 pellets in my heel when I got home,,, that was close.... lol.

Bet he wouldn`t try it today.lol.

Did pull the stock UP as I always do, gun misfired into the ground, could only load one barrel after that, it was coming out the bites, fixed when I got it apart at home, BUT:: ALWAYS PULL YOUR STOCK UP,... Not Barrels, it would be fatal if someone was in front::

Did know of a bloke who shot himself in the arm, fell out of his fingers, hit the butt on the ground, blew half his arm away:

Could not use a gun again:

Never walk on ice with a loaded gun, I slipped once and looking down the barrel at the end of said Dance is Not funny::

Never Again:

******* farmer used to use salt bags back in the 70s kept us from going back to his apple orchard a good friend who didnt get away without after much crying and blubbing also got a whup from his dad for thieving :lol: ,dont think mr plod would accept that these days

He Was really ****** I can tell you.lol. yes I did say CONKERS.lol.

Got locked in a Coal house once nicking apples and pears, Silly ****** locked me inside with an axe, I was well done before the coppers got there.lol.

Would probably have got a smack round the ear of the old man, if he had found out.. Great Guy though, loved him to bits..

I was doing a tour of west belfast back in the day and one of the lads from a different unit ( the ones that think theyre hard because they jump out of planes) had a neglegent discharge with his batton gun. Your not supposed to have it loaded but this chap had his loaded, went to the unloading bay to unload and fired the batton round. It bounced off the bay and hit him square in the jaw , breaking it. We did laugh for weeks about it though. remember folks weapon safety is serious!

About 18 at the time, sat in a hide with my closed and loaded shotgun across my lap waiting (safety catch applied). Anyway I shifted position slightly and either my finger or maybe clothing entered the trigger guard and caught the trigger and the gun discharged! My hand was placed flat across the hand of the stock and the recoiling gun shot off my lap, the top lever caught the end of my thumb during this and split it down the nail also leaving a painful gash. Thank the Lord nobody else was at the wrong end! On subsequent inspection the safety was found to be faulty. Sure taught me to check the function of all guns regular and the misnomer of the whole words "safety catch". The gun was only very recently purchased from a gunsmith and when I told him the story he literally turned as white as a ghost. The next time some clown tells you "its okay the safety is on" think about that one guys. Never point the muzzles of a gun towards anything you do not wish to kill, if I had that day the thought is too scary to even consider. I do know very directly of two fatalities on ranges and one loss of an arm- However I know more anglers that have drowned, builders and engineers killed at work so consider lots of things are dangerous if done badly its our duty to do it right!

It was when I was in the Army at the firng range 1990....Daft Sergeant showing off in front of me with a AR70 Beretta.....usual I'm a bigger man starting story...waving the assault rifle....then pointed it down and on his foot to hold his Perfect showing off big MAN pose......I just heard a crack/bang....looked into the Sergeant eyes...with a big grin on my face...and said....Sir...did you just shoot yourself in the foot Sir....with tears running down my face,Sir was the assault rifle loaded Sir.....answer was.....Yes Corporal....I just did and it was, I just showed how accidents happen and limped off with a 5.62 nato round hole in his boot, never seen anyone containg the pain so much.

I can clearly remember even though it was 40 years ago being round my grandparents house when my grandfather came home from a pheasant shooting trip absolutely distraught , he had shot a hen pheasant and it was a runner , his black lab made the retrieve and when she presented the bird to him he leaned forward to collect it , the bird flapped about as he took it from her mouth and somehow got a leg tangled in the trigger , my grandfather had failed to put the safety catch back on , the gun discharged and killed the lab instantly.

He loved his dogs and it was months before he could bring himself to shoot again .

guy in our gun club was distracted from shooting a 9mm pistol some years back, as he swung around to see what the big bang was he discharged his gun and the round went in through the right foot and into the left foot of a girl visitor.....after the ambulance and police had done their stuff it was realised the round had gone through the trousers at the knee of another member who was sat down luckily not hurting him.......

perfectly true , you couldn't make this one up

Ticket holder preparing his pistol at home prior to range visit , takes revolver out of safe and dry fires a couple of times then takes a sight picture through bedroom window on paper lad coming up drive and dry fires .

Turns around and dry fires on his own reflection in wardrobe mirror and bang , bullet goes through bedroom wall a couple of feet above his wife who is still in bed .

I am sure there are others like this but understandably they are kept quiet at the time , always thought what story he would have told the police if paper boy had been shot .

Aged 14, was shooting pigeons off the old mills at the back of our house,( I had permission off the mill owner) Any ways we find an old hard hat in the yard, I shot at it only for the pellet to bounce straight back at me and hit me skimming off my neck, jesus I thought it had stuck in me it stung like a good un , it didnt break the skin but left an egg sized lump on the side of my neck. 6" higher and it would have took my eye out or worse, My mate was laughing his head off because I had turned white. Truly a lesson learnt,

ATB Flynny

When I first started work at 15 the fella who was over me knew I went shooting and asked if he could come along , no probs took him a few time and showed him the basics , after a couple of months he got his gun licence and got a shotgun .

He continued to get a bit more experience but it never became a serious hobby , any way one Morning he comes in looking a bit sheepish and asked me to get rid of his gun for him , whats happened I ask ?

Friday night after a session he attempts in a drunken stupor to show his wife what to do if burglars enter the house - result was a nice tight pattern of 6 shot in the living room wall , he learned his lesson that alcohol and firearms dont mix .

Just hung a picture over the hole , I bumped into him in a pub some 30 yrs later and reminded him and he told me he never handled a firearm since .

Ive seen a few on my travels,

On a clay shoot, I saw a novice being coached, the gun failed to fire student dismounted it then it went off in the general direction of downrange with the recoil throwing it on the floor.

My friend was sitting out under a tree with his 12g loaded and closed when he took a phone call and left it laying across his lap. When it started to slide off he grabbed it and in doing so knocked the safety off while the pocket button on his trousers managed to catch the trigger firing it. He showed me the pattern in the tree, must have pooed himself a bit when that happened.

Also seen the back wall of rifle ranges being hit on a few occasions.

Tom.

sounds like something off of final destination!!!