cartridges for pigeon shooting?

I haven't come across a farmer who stipulated that i only use fibre wadded cartridges. That's why i don't use them. I have shot hundreds of cartridges in a day on some occassions - the fields hardly look littered at all. As has already been mentioned, the plough takes good care of the wads in time.

I have been using Gamebore Kent Velocity 29g 6's in Fibre Wad. Ive also used a few of these on Pheasants, they do kill well. I'm pretty sure they are £180 from justcartridges.co.uk

Otherwise i use Clay loads, 28g 7.5's they do the job just fine if you dont try and push them too far.

What would people advise as the best cartridge for pigeon shooting? and what is more acceptable fibre or plastic wads?

I use 28 gm 7.5 in fibre…..because one farm stipulates fibre only due to Lucerne as one of there crops so it was just as easy to only buy them. I don’t shoot that much game but when I do a few boxes of 32gm Black gold and RC’s in 6’s also in fibre are my choice.

TEH

I got some Hull Special Pigeon over the weekend. 32g 6s and they are the best pigeon cartridge I've used yet. Very hard hitting and was confident with the high birds. Will be buying another slab when these are gone. Clear pigeon are ok but I was getting a lot of birds were feathers were coming out but birds were carrying on. HULL ALL THE WAY !!!